The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-14-2006, 07:36 AM

Default Composite Acoustics Bluegrass Standard-First Impressions

Having just received a new CA Bluegrass Standard dreadnaught, I would like to share some initial impressions of this guitar. Let me preface this with a few specs:
1 3/4" nut, Gotoh tuners, medium strings, 100% carbon, setup is typically "bluegrass." The specific guitar I ordered has a Fishman Aura onboard system. I had the opportunity to play a similar CA guitar at the Rockygrass Academy this past summer and was basically smitten by its sound, quality, durability and ease of play. This guitar is visually stunning with exquisite detail. The craftsmanship is beyond anything I have seen in many other comparably priced guitars (including some "boutique guitars") and the sound---it is a real bluegrass cannon! It has a growling bass with truly great mids and trebles and a sustain that is quite remarkable. I was pleasantly shocked at the playability with the 1 3/4" nut as well as the soft V shape of the neck-I am accustomed to playing chunky-necked vintage bluegrass guitars but it is very easy and comfortable to play. But that sound...when played into a PA or acoustic amp, the Onboard Aura is incredible and I haven't yet learned how to use the electronics to their full potential. My initial impression of the amplified guitar is that the Aura creates a truly acoustic sound regardless of the "presets." I was most impressed, however, with the company's service-from the traveling sales representative to the in house customer service rep, to the eventual retailer, this company is top-notch-my numerous questions, badgerings and concerns were answered promptly and accurately with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. This is a keeper!
Joseph

Last edited by bluegrassguitar; 09-14-2006 at 07:51 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber