The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Like the Rosette!
Me too, Bruce! Love your work, sir!
Edwinson EPS "iCrucified" [2011]
Edwinson Consort "Spirit" [2016]
THGCo. 000-Concert "Chi Rho" [2019]
Taylor 514e FLTD [2013]
Taylor 714e [2016]
Martin OM-21 Ambertone [2017]
Old 07-28-2013, 09:43 AM

Here's another older build thread I want to bump up because it's so inspiring! And as always I'm wondering how this guitar has matured after a couple of years of play. Now would be a fine time to finally post a sound clip!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:53 PM

In a word, the guitar has matured gracefully with a very stable and strong voice. A little over a year ago, just shortly before Steve moved to Alabama, I took my EPS to him for a once over check-up. We found a couple of things that needed some attention and Steve made the necessary adjustments. Since those setup tweaks, this guitar has continued to grow more and more into its voice. Amazingly, I hardly ever have to do any adjustment to tuning once new strings settle in. Intonation stays spot on even when using a capo...in almost any position. It responds equally well to delicate finger-picking or an aggressive pick attack or heavy-handed strum. The Adi top and Macassar Ebony back/sides were the perfect choice for me and perform wonderfully for every style of play.

I would love to put up some sound samples, but I don't have a legitimate means of doing so. Since I can't make real recordings with good equipment, I don't want to slight the guitar or Steve's lutherie gift by putting up a weak clip. If the opportunity ever presents itself for a good sample, I promise I will post it. Until then, trust me when I say... She sings. As beautiful as any guitar I have heard, she sings.
Edwinson EPS "iCrucified" [2011]
Edwinson Consort "Spirit" [2016]
THGCo. 000-Concert "Chi Rho" [2019]
Taylor 514e FLTD [2013]
Taylor 714e [2016]
Martin OM-21 Ambertone [2017]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop