The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-21-2018, 11:32 AM

Default Fender pm1 dred mahogany

Played one of these the other day. No electronics. Played like a dream, very light and a great sound. Absolutely out played the laminate Taylors in the shop and a better tone. All solid Mahogany I think. Anyone played one of these?
Old 05-21-2018, 12:39 PM

I owned one briefly a year or so ago. Absolutely loved it. Only sold it because of money issues. Fit and finish was superb, and the hard case was very nice. I really wish more people would give these a chance. I'm seriously considering the spruce topped model now.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:03 PM

I’ve played a few at several different shops and they all sound pretty dang good
Old 05-22-2018, 05:20 PM

I had a 114ce for a while. This is a much better guitar. Soundwise and playabilty. Very light almost like a flamenco style. I'd say this also easily competes wth the low end martins. Worth a look for anyone interested; in those.

Last edited by blakey; 05-22-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakey View Post
Played one of these the other day. No electronics. Played like a dream, very light and a great sound. Absolutely out played the laminate Taylors in the shop and a better tone. All solid Mahogany I think. Anyone played one of these?
I played one last week. I was looking to play the Ibanez mahogany tops, and saw this one - higher price, but on sale. I found it quite nice - much brighter than the Ibanez models I played, and louder. Did you find it both bright and loud? Also, the neck was great.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 05-22-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
I played one last week. I was looking to play the Ibanez mahogany tops, and saw this one - higher price, but on sale. I found it quite nice - much brighter than the Ibanez models I played, and louder. Did you find it both bright and loud? Also, the neck was great.
I was looking for a replacement for my 114ce which was set up nice. This outplayed it or was certainly on par playability wise. The wood makes all the difference tonewise especially mahogany. It's a clever combination a light built mahogany guitar, bright yet woody I thought. And a hard case. not bad.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:39 PM

I've played several Fenders that were awfully nice and awfully tough to put back on the wall.

I like this one....

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...lectric-guitar
Old 05-22-2018, 09:07 PM

I just went back and played the same one I played last week, inspired by this thread. Man, this is a nice guitar. Strumming is loud and clear, with minimal effort. Fingerpicking is fantastic. So light, it doesn't even feel like a dread. I then played the Ibanez models. The Fender, to my fingers, touch, and ear, was superior. A very nice guitar. All solid wood. I'd take the leap, if the price was a little lower. Great sounding Mahogany guitar. Would love to try the smaller body models.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 05-23-2018, 12:20 PM

I've been looking to find one of the smaller body all solid hog to try but GC doesn't have them and neither does Long & McQuade.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion