The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-16-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
Well, fishing only takes up the dawn to mid-morning time frame unless I travel to do it. Plenty of time for guitars, mandolins, dog, and the lonely widder wimens.

In my teens and twenties, my whole year revolved around fishing. This is the first year in decades when I could revisit that activity and I find I enjoy it now even more than I did before.
To each his own pal. My dawn to mid-morning time frame is strictly for sleeping.
If the cat comes home and is let in before I crash out, she got lucky.

My Fridays, like yours, are sacrosanct (thanks for the tip H, works over here too.)
Old 05-16-2018, 07:33 PM

Ten years ago or so I was fishing the Madison in Yellowstone. Nice sunny day, I hear rustling in the brush behind me and two young elk pop out behind me. I pay them a bit of attention, but keep fishing. Eventually they are so close behind me I have to change my back cast to keep from hooking one of the elk. I also switched from the elk hair caddis I was using to something else, just didn't seem right using a elk hair bug with my new buddies. They hung out with me for a while, mom popped in once to check me out and disappeared back into the brush. Eventually I heard mom whistle and the two kids bolted back into the brush. One of my best days fishing, and I don't even remember if I caught a single fish or not.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:33 PM

More oddities of nature this AM. There were large fish busting up through the grass mat, swimming around with their back and half their tail out of the water. I thought they might be big bass on a post spawn feed, but when I got a closer look they were big carp.Usually, they are pretty sedentary but today, they were jumping and crashing around all over the lake. Only thing I could think of was it was some kind of spawning behavior. Never seen such the like before.

I did hook into a monster today. Sadly, we were connected by 6lb monofilament and after a few minutes, she dived into the weed patch and broke me off. I'll have my revenge next time, my 2000 size reel and and 12 lb Stren, along with some VMC 4/0 hooks and Zoom Jerkbaits arrived today.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
To each his own pal. My dawn to mid-morning time frame is strictly for sleeping.
If the cat comes home and is let in before I crash out, she got lucky.

My Fridays, like yours, are sacrosanct (thanks for the tip H, works over here too.)
Let me know if you run into Helen Mirren in the deli section.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic