The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-13-2018, 08:22 PM

Thanks Tim and Chris for the reply. The thing that I really like about Chris's jig is the zero stop block which sets the depth of cut. Seems like a nice time saver, and no more lost or worn out bearings!

A plug for Chris's rolling pin sander as well. Just got one last week and it's made really well and does a great jog. The perfect size, and it's nice and balanced. Save's a lot of time over doing everything by hand, like I used to do.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:37 PM

Can't wait to spring for a pin sander...
Old 03-14-2018, 07:17 AM
Charter Member

I've used this style of binding jig (although a MUCH cruder version) since 1974. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's effective, simple and doesn't take up a lot of room in your shop when you're not using it.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:13 AM

I bought this recently and couldn't be happier with the results first time of using. Thanks Chris, highly recommended.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:43 AM

I have some very exciting news!

I've been working incredibly hard developing a new website and a new brand which includes the Ultimate Binding Jig.

The new website is now live: ElevateLutherie.com

ELEVATE || Next Level Lutherie is is dedicated to professional grade tools, products, and services to take your instrument building to the next level. ELEVATE was born out of a need for precision tooling. The response from the lutherie community was overwhelming- a shared desire for something better. For those who are serious about this craft, hobby level and single-use type tools simply don’t cut it.

This is a passion driven community. ELEVATE shares that passion- wanting you, the builder, to be able to trust what you buy so that you can focus on the end goal- creating beautiful instruments so that musicians can create beautiful music. It all starts with passion and precision.

Weather you’re a hobbyist or a veteran builder, ELEVATE is here to provide you with the tools, products, and services you need. Build better instruments with more repeatability and relieve some of the stress in your build process by buying quality.

A few exciting things to note:

The new website is merchant ready and mobile friendly. This should help streamline your shopping experience and make it easier for you to get a total for your order in real-time. Also, if you're familiar with the line of tools I've carried in the past, you may notice that this catalog has expanded. So go peruse the site and see what's new.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:19 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ensor View Post
I have some very exciting news!

I've been working incredibly hard developing a new website and a new brand which includes the Ultimate Binding Jig.

The new website is now live: ElevateLutherie.com

ELEVATE || Next Level Lutherie is is dedicated to professional grade tools, products, and services to take your instrument building to the next level. ELEVATE was born out of a need for precision tooling. The response from the lutherie community was overwhelming- a shared desire for something better. For those who are serious about this craft, hobby level and single-use type tools simply don’t cut it.
Great website, Chris. Your custom tools look incredible and with an endorsement from someone like Tim, they must work well. Congrats on the new venture! Very cool.

JR
Old 10-22-2018, 08:25 PM

What a coincidence for me to find this thread. In every build thread, it's always the binding that makes me think I couldn't make a clean finish. Having used a router many times, I know how easy it is to make mistakes. Chris's binding jig makes this a walk in the park.
And now I could actually see myself starting a first guitar build now.
Good grief!
Old 10-23-2018, 06:09 AM

Default Binding Cutter

We bought one about a couple of years ago. It was quite intimating at first (as with most new approaches) but after we got the hang of it it really is a great tool.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:52 PM

It's so nice to hear the jig is helping so many builders!

If you haven't checked out ELEVATE lately, give it a fresh look. There are some new innovations recently added.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop