The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Harp Guitar

Old 06-14-2017, 02:34 PM

Default Any feedback on the new Dyers??

Just curious. I got curious and checked out their website and found their harp guitar price tag to be quite good.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:05 AM

Bump? 123456789
Old 07-02-2017, 06:51 AM
Charter Member

I played a couple at the last harp guitar gathering and they were very nice instruments. In that same price range be sure to check out the Tonedevil guitars. And check Gregg Miners website for all things Harp Guitar

harpguitars.net
Old 07-20-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplucker View Post
I played a couple at the last harp guitar gathering and they were very nice instruments. In that same price range be sure to check out the Tonedevil guitars. And check Gregg Miners website for all things Harp Guitar

harpguitars.net
Thanks. Gregg Miner seemed to say good things about the Dyers. Might look at doing this at some point.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 AM

Bumping. Any new experience? I'm hoping to put $ down on a harp guitar this year.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:18 AM

@S2Y, curious what experience you've already had with harp guitar?

Dyers are ok for smaller players because of the 12th fret to body connection. Jim is a great builder who I think still makes most of the instruments at Dyer. I've never been a fan of that design which is why we modeled our instruments more after the Knutsen designs, namely we centered the bridge on the top to accentuate the harp strings and allow the top to vibrate more freely.

We are currently building a smaller body HG for Matt Thomas thats a 12 fret connection also for smaller players. My last shameless plug is about our regionally harvested tone woods (Englemann spruce and western redcedar). In the inland Northwest it is colder most of of the year making winter growth rings much tighter than other alpine wood.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonedevilGuitar View Post
@S2Y, curious what experience you've already had with harp guitar?

Dyers are ok for smaller players because of the 12th fret to body connection. Jim is a great builder who I think still makes most of the instruments at Dyer. I've never been a fan of that design which is why we modeled our instruments more after the Knutsen designs, namely we centered the bridge on the top to accentuate the harp strings and allow the top to vibrate more freely.

We are currently building a smaller body HG for Matt Thomas thats a 12 fret connection also for smaller players. My last shameless plug is about our regionally harvested tone woods (Englemann spruce and western redcedar). In the inland Northwest it is colder most of of the year making winter growth rings much tighter than other alpine wood.
Sorry about the delay. I had thought this thread was a little dead.

I have zero personal experience with harp guitars. I'm 5'5" on a good day, so smaller is probably a good idea.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:53 PM

@s2y, Thanks for responding. Our customers are usually always chet atkins/tommy emmanual style finger pickers, and/or classical/jazz players, if you fall in those categories, a harp guitar is right for you. We build to order mostly, but have some of our S-12 models in stock at the moment.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Harp Guitar