The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-01-2020, 10:39 PM
Charter Member

Default Collings 01 14fret Walnut/Englemann $ 3100/offer

Traded for this guitar to try a different Parlor size. Not really into anything below 000 so it's up for sale.

Nice 2012 01 with the upgrade to Walnut/Englemann. Really good condition. I'll borrow some of the previous member's description which is right on the money.

"People often say that walnut can be characterized as sounding somewhere between Mahogany and Rosewood and I can attest that this little guy fits that description. It has some of the bloom and overtones of rosewood but some of the forward woody sounds of mahogany, and this happens to be a pretty straight grained modest example. The Engelmann top is equally fantastic and can definitely be characterized as a "softer" top but nowhere in the realm of cedar for example. It reminds my a a nicely broken in sitka personally. It's a very intimate sounding articulate guitar with surprising volume and fullness.

Only issues are some minor finish scratching on the back which I attempted to photograph, the top appears to be pretty flawless aside from normal minimum pickguard swirls. The frets are in fantastic shape, the nut was clearly lowered by the previous owner just a touch and it plays like absolute butter, really. When I call this intimate and articulate, I'm not kidding. It's definitely not fair to call the 01 a couch guitar by any means, it has some impressive volume and depth to it.
"

I'll add it's very versatile from blues to soft melody and handles strumming and a pick well. Comes with the custom TKD for Collings case in very nice condition.

Specs are standard 14 Fret with 24 7/8 scale, 1 11/16 nut and 2 3/16 Saddle. Serial No is 20951

New price is $4970, Offered for $3100 or Offer. Not really interested in trades. Shipping CONUS only.

Yamamoto Jumbo 27 - Bashkin Placencia FanFret Cedar/EIR - Leo Posch DS12 Adj/Hormigo - Ovation Legion shallow body - - Taylor 562 GC 12 String - C. Freeborn Alto- Froggy Bottom H12C Adj/EIR- Ryan Nightengale Engelmann/Af. Blackwood - Kostal MD

Last edited by Racerbob; 11-12-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Yamamoto Jumbo 27 - Bashkin Placencia FanFret Cedar/EIR - Leo Posch DS12 Adj/Hormigo - Ovation Legion shallow body - - Taylor 562 GC 12 String - C. Freeborn Alto- Froggy Bottom H12C Adj/EIR- Ryan Nightengale Engelmann/Af. Blackwood - Kostal MD
Old 10-21-2020, 05:52 PM
Charter Member

Default Collings

Nice little guitar, will make somebody very happy
Old 11-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Default Close

Almost sold, back up for consideration
Old 11-10-2020, 08:32 PM

Sending you a message! Would love to make a deal!
Old 11-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Responded to both members inquiries
Old 11-23-2020, 10:47 PM
Charter Member

Just a reminder.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:39 AM
Charter Member

I'll give this one a bump. Great wood combination in a nice sized Collings.
Should make someone very happy when they buy it. Pity I recently bought a 00.....
Old 11-29-2020, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Would make a great guitar for playing around the Christmas Tree.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars