The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-24-2021, 01:11 AM

Default Trying to find mixer brand - red small formats?

All,

I am not sure if this is a good place to ask but I'm here so I'll ask.

Several years ago (maybe 5-10 years ago) there was a company that made small format mixers that had red housings and I can not, for the life of me, remember who made them.

I thought the company was Soundcraft, but thats not them.

Allen & Heath have their ZED series that is mostly red, but that isn't them, either.

The brand was on-par with Soundcraft and Allen & Heath in quality. I'd say above Behringer and Mackie. I believe the brand was either European or Australian.

I'm browsing the offerings in small USB mixers and was curious to check them out again and see what they had in current times.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:37 AM

Perhaps you're thinking of older Galaxy mixers?

https://www.galaxyaudio.com/products/axs-10
Old 01-24-2021, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the thought. Unfortunately, those aren't them either. The sides were a brighter shiny-er red, not the black sides that I see there on the Galaxy's.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:10 AM

Another thought - I do recall the company making large console mixers also. They just had a smaller line of compact/small format mixers - which is what I'm trying to find again. Back when I was looking at them they had some with built-in effects and some without. Not sure what modern times have brought but it seems having built-in effects is even more common today.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD