The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-15-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Does their transducer/actuator attach to the top, as opposed to the Yamaha and Tonewood, which attach to the back? How massive is the actuator on the Lag?
Yes, they attach to the top, read more here: https://www.hyvibeguitar.com/ (scroll down to "Exciters").

I think they are pretty small, and add very little to the weight of the guitar.

Old 11-15-2020, 12:24 PM

I was thinking on your smaller guitars...Like a Parlor maybe this would help the boxiness
I'd be open to try one when they come available as the boxiness is why I can't warm up to a Parlor..
Old 11-15-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
I was thinking on your smaller guitars...Like a Parlor maybe this would help the boxiness
I'd be open to try one when they come available as the boxiness is why I can't warm up to a Parlor..
LAG makes some really nice parlor guitars, like the T98PE. Hopefully they will put the HyVibe system in one of them. I also like parlor guitars a lot, so comfortable to sit in the sofa playing. The LAG parlors are 14 fret designs though, I think 12 fret is more common?!?

https://www.lagguitars.com/en/produc...98pe-gla-t98pe

We might also soon see the HyVibe system in guitars from other manufacturers. I know LAG got exclusivity to begin with, but I have no clue for how long.

/Per
Old 11-17-2020, 10:21 AM

I just saw on the French Lag site that they are coming with "a real travel" guitar (not the tiny ones they have now) towards the end of 2020: https://www.lagguitars.com/fr_FR/pro...e-gla-vian-001

I googled it and found some info in English here: https://www.musicgooddeal.com/gb/aco...-acoustic.html

Hopefully they will make a HyVibe version of that guitar size (without adding too much to the price) .
Old 11-19-2020, 08:07 AM

There's a Q&A session with members from the HyVibe team on Facebook later today: https://www.facebook.com/events/1082816538820193
Old 11-19-2020, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

Went to watch on FB today, but I guess I was an hour late. Time zones, ack!

Watching the recorded video I didn't see anyone ask about smaller guitars, or maybe being able to implement HyVibe into an existing guitar. So I sent them an email. I'll get back if I hear anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Burström View Post
There's a Q&A session with members from the HyVibe team on Facebook later today: https://www.facebook.com/events/1082816538820193
Old 11-20-2020, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Went to watch on FB today, but I guess I was an hour late. Time zones, ack!

Watching the recorded video I didn't see anyone ask about smaller guitars, or maybe being able to implement HyVibe into an existing guitar. So I sent them an email. I'll get back if I hear anything.
The Auditorium model was mentioned, Matt got the question if he have played it, which he have not. It's delayed and is now scheduled for February: https://www.algam-webstore.fr/lag-tr...ay-555526.html

Matt also got the question about being able to retro-fit existing guitars with the HyVibe system, and he got the answer they are looking into it. To me it sounds as it may be coming, although my guess it would be something that needs to be done in a guitar workshop and not for everyone to do.

/Per
Old 11-20-2020, 09:52 AM

Is there a way to watch the video if I don't have facebook?
I emailed both Hyvibe and Lag separately. I asked them if I could fit to a different guitar.
Neither of them have replied, not even an acknowledgement of my email.
I've bitten the bullet and ordered a 30. If I like it enough I will buy the cheaper one and refit the electronics to my favourite guitar.
I'll let you know what happens...
Nick
Old 11-20-2020, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

I got an email back from Matt. I asked him if they had plans for 00 size guitars with the HyVibe system and if they were going to make a system available that could be installed after-the-fact. He said they are currently working on offering the product by itself, so it could installed into 00-size or other guitars.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:55 AM

Great showcase of "advanced playing" on the Lag HyVibe.

Last edited by Per Burström; 12-07-2020 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:58 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for posting. Waiting to see if they're going to come out with a smaller guitar....
Old 01-26-2021, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

For anyone interested in the HyVibe, they have announced a separate system that can be installed into a guitar of your choice. You can get on a wait list here. I think they are waiting to figure out a list of installers, with perhaps a DIY option. According to their FB page the introductory price will be will be 390 USD/EUR.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:47 PM

So how do like the 30 model? Satisfied with everything? I'm about to order the 10 but would like to read your comments first. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:43 AM

How's the quality of Lag guitars?
Where are they made?
2016 Taylor 712ce
2007 Gibson Southern Jumbo True Vintage
Old 03-10-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobuzz67 View Post
How's the quality of Lag guitars?
Where are they made?
I have the THV10DCE, the "budget model" of the Lag guitars with the HyVibe system. I think the quality of it is great, as is the pure acoustic sound of it.

Lag is a French company, but I think the guitars are manufactured in China.

/Per

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification