The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-26-2018, 09:16 PM

I got my X-20 so fast I didn't even know I was getting it... Alistair brought one to show folks at NAMM a few years ago, I got to hear different folks play at it still not thinking I'd have it... sorta like a "Road Trip" from days of yore ... he made me take it home with me... gotta love hand delivered from the builder . Just sayin'.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-04-2018, 09:36 AM

I tried really hard not to look at tracking and think about other things to keep me occupied until my guitar gets here. In a moment of weakness I just took a peek and see that it's in London, which leaves an ocean in between my guitar an me. :-(
Old 08-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwild View Post
I tried really hard not to look at tracking and think about other things to keep me occupied until my guitar gets here. In a moment of weakness I just took a peek and see that it's in London, which leaves an ocean in between my guitar an me. :-(
Oh, it happens fast, now. Yes, the suspense is building to a peak, but you know it is on its way!
Old 08-04-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
A week and a half just to get from Ireland to London? Perhaps they are using the Emerald to paddle the boat.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Guest 928

Yeh, in the good old days, Alistair would tote his innovative guitars around the U.S. Mr. K was there, and was in the bottom floor. He is still here, probably listening from behind some internet wall. He has what may arguably be the best collection of Carbon Fiber guitars.

Sometimes I am really proud of my nephew K.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonA View Post
A week and a half just to get from Ireland to London? Perhaps they are using the Emerald to paddle the boat.
Lmao!
It doesn’t feel like it’s happening fast but at least there’s progress. I can’t complain as I see others who are just ordering their guitars. :-)
Old 08-08-2018, 10:51 AM

Apparently someone at London Heathrow is enjoying my guitar as it's still there. Aaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhhhhh!
The pain is real.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Apparently someone at London Heathrow is enjoying my guitar as it's still there. Aaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhhhhh!
The pain is real.
Wow, really?? There's no status after received in London? It doesn't say "despatched from" London?
Old 08-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The pain is real.
I don't recall getting any further tracking info after Heathrow... and then it showed up. Both times.

You are close. Well, I'm guessing. As I recall, Methos's guitar got passed around in US Customs for a week or so, allowing them to all try it out. Scott, did you get any word on your X20 while Customs had it?

Oh, new thought: for those who get all worked up about Emerald not having dealers where they can "try one": get a job with US Customs!
Old 08-08-2018, 12:13 PM

FWIW, the three times our guitars have been shipped from Donegal, all tracking information disappeared upon arrival at Heathrow.

If you are on the USPS app (not their website) you can sometimes see tracking info resume again from Jamaica, NY after US Customs releases the item and it finally gets into the postal system. Then it appears at your local Post Offal without any further en route updates. All three guitars took 7-8 days to get from Donegal to Idaho once AnPost first logged it in. Be aware that Emerald usually only ships guitars on Fridays.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
FWIW, the three times our guitars have been shipped from Donegal, all tracking information disappeared upon arrival at Heathrow.

If you are on the USPS app (not their website) you can sometimes see tracking info resume again from Jamaica, NY after US Customs releases the item and it finally gets into the postal system. Then it appears at your local Post Offal without any further en route updates. All three guitars took 7-8 days to get from Donegal to Idaho once AnPost first logged it in. Be aware that Emerald usually only ships guitars on Fridays.
And, on mine, there was also no "Out For Delivery" from USPS. I think "Our For Delivery" may be my favorite part of the wait!
Old 08-08-2018, 04:35 PM

Mine comes to a private mail box. Usually the first indication it has arrived is that someone signed for it there. I never see "out for delivery" messages.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the info! Yes, the last update says that it was “ despatched from London Heathrow.” That was on Aug. 1. I’ll go see if I can figure out the usps tracking. Cheers!
Old 08-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Guest 928

"Dispatched" can mean a lot of things. I'd worry if I was you................
Old 08-09-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
"Dispatched" can mean a lot of things. I'd worry if I was you................
:0
The note spells it as "Despatched," so maybe that's the opposite of "dispatched," I checked the USPS tracker and it notes that the item has shipped from Ireland. It'll get here when it gets here, I guess. At this point, the entire concept of my guitar arriving is surreal. What stage of despair is this?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber