The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsgeek View Post
You are becoming my favorite guitar player
Same here. I love your clips! Especially your arrangement of Si Bheag.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Default Time well spent.

Just spent most of tonight reading through this thread, looking at your guitar build, what a work of art. The soundclips on Soundcloud, fantastic, you certainly have a gift, and I know it takes a lot of hard work to attain that level of talent. I love those dark moments on YouTube, the melodies are haunting and nothing is wasted! All in all one of the most enjoyable evenings that I've had in a long time. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
I'm just now viewing this thread--absolutely magnificent guitar and exquisite renditions played upon it. Thanks so much to both of you for sharing your talents with us...
Thank you for your kind post. I've had the guitar for several months now and I'm still impressed every time I pick it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
Same here. I love your clips! Especially your arrangement of Si Bheag.
Thanks! I'm spoiled with your compliment...

I'm working on a more elaborate version of Si Bheag. Will post it as soon as it's ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpick View Post
Just spent most of tonight reading through this thread, looking at your guitar build, what a work of art. The soundclips on Soundcloud, fantastic, you certainly have a gift, and I know it takes a lot of hard work to attain that level of talent. I love those dark moments on YouTube, the melodies are haunting and nothing is wasted! All in all one of the most enjoyable evenings that I've had in a long time. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this thread and for listening to my clips. I'm glad to hear the music was good company...

The Kraut OM has an authoritative voice which makes it ideal to carry a strong melody line. It's such an inspiration to play that I come up with a new piece nearly every time I pick it up.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
First take with a few rough spots -- but it's all coming from the heart!
This is how I feel too. My songs may not be too difficult, and not fancy, but they do come from me, and straight from my heart. You have some fine , fine guitars. Nice tunes too. Haven't chatted with ya for a while, hope all is well?

My YouTube

Facebook

"Only by becoming acquainted with your own self,
can you gain the composure to write original music"

Michael Hedges ♫
Old 04-08-2013, 06:06 AM
Charter Member

Had a chance to listen to these clips, and they are just gorgeous. Honestly, I don't have anything close to this kind of talent. It was a joy to listen to. I'd be happy to have this playing in the background all day. I'm listening now to Hynme...and the clarity and beauty is calming and wonderful. Thanks for sharing this.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 04-08-2013, 06:53 AM

Great playing Mau - great feeling. I like the little "runs" like at 2:19/2:20 in there. Those are the things that trip my trigger.

I also LOVE your arrangement/playing on 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMeFVhoxbYQ LISTEN TO THIS!!!!

If I was ever looking for a guy to make so sound clips for me - would you consider it?

Have a great day.

Kevin.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Kevin, the first thing that went through my mind was that I'm having a custom dread built by Joel Stehr, and when a new guitar delivers there are a lot of requests for sound clips. After hearing this, I want to send the guitar to Mau to record them. I'd be happy to give him full credit!! It's not going to sound nearly as good when I post up clips. Oh well.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fngrstyl View Post
This is how I feel too. My songs may not be too difficult, and not fancy, but they do come from me, and straight from my heart. You have some fine , fine guitars. Nice tunes too. Haven't chatted with ya for a while, hope all is well?
Hey Chad,

I haven't really posted anything in a while either. Temporary lack of inspiration...

Hope you're keeping busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Kevin, the first thing that went through my mind was that I'm having a custom dread built by Joel Stehr, and when a new guitar delivers there are a lot of requests for sound clips. After hearing this, I want to send the guitar to Mau to record them. I'd be happy to give him full credit!! It's not going to sound nearly as good when I post up clips. Oh well.
The pressure's on you, Mike...

Some say I've got so much reverb that you can't really hear the guitar anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLPederson View Post
Great playing Mau - great feeling. I like the little "runs" like at 2:19/2:20 in there. Those are the things that trip my trigger.

I also LOVE your arrangement/playing on 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMeFVhoxbYQ LISTEN TO THIS!!!!

If I was ever looking for a guy to make so sound clips for me - would you consider it?

Have a great day.

Kevin.
Hey Kevin,

Sure I'd be happy to record some sound clips for you.

I guess the biggest challenge is to get the guitars in my hands but otherwise I'm game. Healdsburg, perhaps? I also think that visually striking guitars like yours would benefit from video clips rather than just audio.

I usually travel with my camera and iPad (the same equipment that I use for my own videos) but if you have a more high end setup it would be even better.

As for my rendition of George Harrison's classic, it's too bad I messed up the recording. The solos are definitely taken from my electric repertoire, which always resurfaces when I attempt to play fast...
Old 04-13-2013, 10:41 PM

After playing JT on my Olson last night, here's something totally different:

http://youtu.be/iUpfGtxSq6c

The original pieces I write on the Kraut tend to be dark and introspective, and my latest composition makes no exception.

I wrote the music without having anyone specific in mind but my friend complained about not having anything dedicated to her, so I decided to give her this one, in memory of a great weekend we spent together.

The title was originally going to be a bit more evocative but with my parents now connected to the Internet, I opted for a safer version.

I hope you enjoy the music!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
After playing JT on my Olson last night, here's something totally different:

http://youtu.be/iUpfGtxSq6c

The original pieces I write on the Kraut tend to be dark and introspective, and my latest composition makes no exception.

I wrote the music without having anyone specific in mind but my friend complained about not having anything dedicated to her, so I decided to give her this one, in memory of a great weekend we spent together.

The title was originally going to be a bit more evocative but with my parents now connected to the Internet, I opted for a safer version.

I hope you enjoy the music!
Mau that was Magnifique!!!

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Thank you for giving my tracks a listen and for your kind comments.

Here's a spur of the moment recording -- I literally hit "record" while I was slouching on my chair, not knowing what piece to play. My fingers then started playing this old French song, which you may already be familiar with:

https://soundcloud.com/syndicatedarts/hymne-lamour

First take with a few rough spots -- but it's all coming from the heart!
Just wow, really topnotch
Old 04-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Music soothes the soul!

You are something. That was really special. Although your Olson is spectacular, I find I really like the pieces inspired by the Kraut. Something magical in there. Thx Mau!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Berger View Post
Mau that was Magnifique!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsgeek View Post
Just wow, really topnotch
Thanks, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
You are something. That was really special. Although your Olson is spectacular, I find I really like the pieces inspired by the Kraut. Something magical in there. Thx Mau!
Thanks, Dennis! To complicate matters even further, I actually wrote part of this tune on the Olson...

But you are right, I tend to play more "outside the box" with the Kraut.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:56 PM

...hauntingly beautiful...would love to hear this in an old, spacious stone chapel...
Old 04-14-2013, 02:14 PM

steve berger was close on this assessment - it was Mau-gnifique!!!

Really original, totally. Love the scalar runs. I also love when music takes me on a journey. Like the dark beginnings and then there is a flurry, and around 3:22 or so you seem to "let up" and bring is some "brightness"...with some more improvisation in the outro.

I'm going to PM you (if I can figure this out)...is that ok Mau?

Great stuff.

Kevin.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop