The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-26-2009, 03:23 PM

Default Lr Baggs Strap Button Problem

I have had my Element Active System in my Taylor Big Baby for about a year now and every guitar strap I've ever put on it, it stretches out the strap hole and ruins it. Is there a strap any of you could recommend so that this will not happen?

Guitars
2008 Fender Sonoran S
2007 Taylor Big Baby(With LR Baggs Element System)
1971 Lyle W-400

Amps
2008 Fender Vibro Champ XD
Old 08-26-2009, 09:37 PM

I don't the straps in front of me, but I know that with the M1a strap jack, I cut away some of the leather away from the upper part (not the actual space for the hole, but the slit above the circle cut). That seems to work and my straps have held up for a good while. I can take a picture of it later tonight if that will help.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 PM

John Pearse makes a strap with a larger hole to accommodate endpin jacks. It's pictured as the strap on the left. The clip thingy above the hole is to wrap around the instrument cable to secure it.

A link to the website: http://www.jpstrings.com/braccess.htm

Scroll midway down the page to see the straps. Not sure why more companies don't offer straps with this option since there are so many acoustic players that plug in...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification