The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-09-2024, 12:19 PM
Charter Member

Default Compare Necks for me (Collings CJ35/Kopp K35)

I am looking at a Kopp with a description of a fat C neck. I will admit the Collings neck is wonderful for most but I like a little more full. can anyone compare these two necks? I know Kevin probably never produces the same neck twice but I figure his Fat C shape is probably fairly consistent....how much of a handful is it? I have never played a Collings CJ45T or a Fat Neck Kopp35...my only experience is the CJ35. Holler...
Old 03-09-2024, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcrawford View Post
I am looking at a Kopp with a description of a fat C neck. I will admit the Collings neck is wonderful for most but I like a little more full. can anyone compare these two necks? I know Kevin probably never produces the same neck twice but I figure his Fat C shape is probably fairly consistent....how much of a handful is it? I have never played a Collings CJ45T or a Fat Neck Kopp35...my only experience is the CJ35. Holler...
I’ve had 3 Kopps with what Kevin told me is his “standard” neck carve and they’re pretty much identical…it’s a full C…..Ive felt fatter necks…and thinner ones…for me his neck is a Goldilocks neck….I’ve never played a CJ neck so I can’t compare them but wanted to say that the Kopp necks are quite consistent.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion