The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Charter Member

Default played a blackbird rider yesterday...

after wanting to hear one for a while, i got a chance to play a blackbird rider yesterday. i always read that they're loud, but i don't read how really good they sound! the recordings i've heard really don't do it justice. there was plenty of bass from that paddle-shaped baby, but lots of clear highs, too. in fact, it was warm, full and beautiful. unfortunately the body was a little too deep for my current needs, but otherwise it was the high point of my week
Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Where were you able to try one? I had one on order at a local dealer who let me try his personal Rider but Friday I got a call and was told my order had to be cancelled and my credit card was being refunded my deposit. Considering I waited over a month already I demanded an explanation. Apparently Joe tried to dictate what my dealer should charge for the guitars, and when the dealer refused to discuss it Joe cancelled his, and my order.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:07 AM

I had never seen one until I read this thread......looks kind of like a guitar and case all in one. Glad to hear they sound good.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

i'm not sure the one i played was for sale. are you in l.a.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelor View Post
Where were you able to try one? I had one on order at a local dealer who let me try his personal Rider but Friday I got a call and was told my order had to be cancelled and my credit card was being refunded my deposit. Considering I waited over a month already I demanded an explanation. Apparently Joe tried to dictate what my dealer should charge for the guitars, and when the dealer refused to discuss it Joe cancelled his, and my order.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Charter Member

I have one on order, and should see it in about a week. I am hoping it will be the last travel guitar I ever buy... but I highly doubt it. I have more gas than an circus elephant after eating a bail of hay, so it's only a matter of time I guess.
Slackers 1:51-52
FSM
Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Charter Member

will be interesting to hear what you think of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I have one on order, and should see it in about a week. I am hoping it will be the last travel guitar I ever buy... but I highly doubt it. I have more gas than an circus elephant after eating a bail of hay, so it's only a matter of time I guess.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake View Post
i'm not sure the one i played was for sale. are you in l.a.?
I think we played the same one. BTW, got an email from the dealer offering me his Rider for my trip but I kinda have a bad taste in my mouth for Blackbird right now. Luckily I have two Cargos..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber