The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Default The CA Cargo has arrived

After my failed attempts to convince Ted to put out an AGF CA cargo edition, I just ordered a regular one in Charcoal RT.

I have never played one before, but I am absolutely amazed with this little guitar. Had it been available when I bought my Martin backpacker, I could have saved hours for tuning it. And compared to the Little Martins I tried in Shops, it is a completely different world. It is REALLY great.

Let's see how it does on it's first trip abroad during mid-winter break

Oh, and by the way, the finish is really cool. The neck is not rough at all, seems they sand it a little now, and the color is actually a slight burst, which looks really good.

Get one!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K III View Post
After my failed attempts to convince Ted to put out an AGF CA cargo edition, I just ordered a regular one in Charcoal RT.

I have never played one before, but I am absolutely amazed with this little guitar. Had it been available when I bought my Martin backpacker, I could have saved hours for tuning it. And compared to the Little Martins I tried in Shops, it is a completely different world. It is REALLY great.

Let's see how it does on it's first trip abroad during mid-winter break

Oh, and by the way, the finish is really cool. The neck is not rough at all, seems they sand it a little now, and the color is actually a slight burst, which looks really good.

Get one!
Congrats!! I'm glad you like your new guitar.

Recently, I was also looking for a travel guitar and went for a Little Martin. Having said that, depending on how I like the Martin (and how long it'll last), I can see myself buying a Cargo in the future.

How do you feel the sounds of Cargo vs. regular OM/000?

Some people have complained that the Cargo is too bass-heavy and the bass overwhelms the mids/highs, making it unsuitable for fingerpicking. What's your opinion?

Thanks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber