The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Smile Hey SJ

Cindy was excited to see a green crowned night heron a couple days ago. Unusual around where we live.

She does want to go birding!

Cheers, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 11-22-2018, 01:12 PM

I sent you a message, Paul, to get us started. I can't take her out on Saturday or Sunday since I'll be, um, busy, but I have loads of friends who can. Send me some contact info and we will work it out.

Stan
Old 11-22-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
I sent you a message, Paul, to get us started. I can't take her out on Saturday or Sunday since I'll be, um, busy, but I have loads of friends who can. Send me some contact info and we will work it out.

Stan
Ha, well Cindy will be busy singing for us on Saturday, so she better not plan on that one!
Old 12-22-2018, 05:44 PM
AGF Sponsor

Those of you who are following my career path may find this redundant, but I am in the middle of making a couple of guitars that you B.I.G people out there are likely to be interested in, as they are coming to the show . . . .unless of course someone hands me money before then and selfishly demands immediate delivery.

These are an unmatched pair of single 0's. One is Adi over interesting Honduran mahogany, and the other is Swiss "moon" spruce over Pernambuco. Both have cutaways and 25.4" scale . . . unless I decide to make one or both MultiScale. If you don't think it will be interesting to compare these to each other, you might be in the wrong forum.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:57 PM

Wow, they both look great and having a Sexauer of my own now, I KNOW they will sound great. Wonderful to be able to compare the backs and tops to each other, each great on their own, it will be fun to see and hear how they compare.
I must be in the right forum.

B.I.G. is lucky to have this quality of instrument coming Bruce. Thank you and thank you for posting these for people to see what is coming!
Old 12-23-2018, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful guitars, Bruce--should make for fun and interesting comparisons!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 01-03-2019, 01:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

I am very much looking forward to this event. Not only am I bringing several guitars, I am also going to talk about guitars formally, and even more importantly to me, take the stage and play them! I got into this game to be a player, and it turned out I had more talent as a builder. But don't let that fool you, though some people manage to play very well by the age of 20 or so, I've had another 50 years on top of that to hone my skills. . . not to mention I have some killer guitars.

The pair of single 0's I am making have got some finish on them now. Today is predicted to be our last sunny day for a week of so, and I took advantage of that to make these photos:

Swiss "moon" spruce over Pernambuco:

Carl Barney Adirondack over Honduran mahogany:

Old 01-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Smile Jeez Bruce...

Man these two are going to be Killer!

"These are an unmatched pair of single 0's. One is Adi over interesting Honduran mahogany, and the other is Swiss "moon" spruce over Pernambuco. Both have cutaways and 25.4" scale . . . unless I decide to make one or both MultiScale. If you don't think it will be interesting to compare these to each other, you might be in the wrong forum."

Well put! Hahaha

I too am really looking forward to playing at B.I.G. Let's RAWK...

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 01-03-2019, 11:31 PM

As CEO and chief founding officer of B.I.G. (LOL), we are extremely excited to have these guitars which are looking absolutely stunning being built to be displayed and for sale at the show, but also to have Bruce perform Saturday and be giving a seminar on Sunday regarding building methods and philosophies!!! I for one can not wait for all three of these events, playing these two and comparing them side by side, but the performance and the seminar as well. I personally thank Bruce for coming and doing all of this to help ensure the success of B.I.G. There is room for a few more attendees if interested, please reach out to me and we will get you all the info you need and you too can experience these guitars as well as Bruce live and in person.

Bruce, I can't believe how well you matched up the figure on that fiddleback Mahogany! It looks amazing. That has to be tricky to get just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
I am very much looking forward to this event. Not only am I bringing several guitars, I am also going to talk about guitars formally, and even more importantly to me, take the stage and play them! I got into this game to be a player, and it turned out I had more talent as a builder. But don't let that fool you, though some people manage to play very well by the age of 20 or so, I've had another 50 years on top of that to hone my skills. . . not to mention I have some killer guitars.

The pair of single 0's I am making have got some finish on them now. Today is predicted to be our last sunny day for a week of so, and I took advantage of that to make these photos:

Swiss "moon" spruce over Pernambuco:

Carl Barney Adirondack over Honduran mahogany:

Last edited by TomB'sox; 01-03-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Man these two are going to be Killer!

"These are an unmatched pair of single 0's. One is Adi over interesting Honduran mahogany, and the other is Swiss "moon" spruce over Pernambuco. Both have cutaways and 25.4" scale . . . unless I decide to make one or both MultiScale. If you don't think it will be interesting to compare these to each other, you might be in the wrong forum."

Well put! Hahaha

I too am really looking forward to playing at B.I.G. Let's RAWK...

Paul
Thanks Paul, I agree, the quality of guitars that will be available to test drive are going to be amazing. With the luthiers coming how could they not? So many people say they would love to try these handmade guitars, but don't have the chance, well, we are giving you the chance.

Paul and his lovely wife Cindy will indeed be playing for us on Saturday afternoon while you enjoy a Texas BBQ and maybe an adult beverage or two. Paul has an incredible Maple John Kinniard that he will be playing and I know will let people have a go with as well.

So lucky that he is coming and I thank he and Cindy as well!
Old 01-08-2019, 02:04 PM

My check is in the mail. If I can do anything to help just let me know.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hello Tom,
I’m getting quite excited about B.I.G., and I’d like to take a minute away from the flying sawdust to show you what I’m planning to bring. I have build threads up for the first two guitars, but I’m waiting to do the photo shoots before I update the threads.

This is my Luna model...a 000-sized guitar. This one has a master-grade Sitka soundboard over a deliciously rich deep purple set of EIR...a one-piece old-growth Honduran-Mahogany neck...flamed-Koa bindings, purflings and center seam inlay. There is an arm bevel and a soundport (both standard offerings on all of my guitars), and the fretboard & headstock are also bound and purfled. The nut is 1-3/4”, the string spacing is 2-1/4”, and it’s joined at the 13th fret:

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

This is my Solis model...a 0000-sized guitar. This one has a master-grade Sitka soundboard over a stunning set of straight-grained Cocobolo...a one-piece old-growth Honduran-Mahogany neck...flamed-Pyinma bindings & purflings and contrasting Cocobolo segmented center seam inlay. There is also an arm bevel and a soundport, and the fretboard & headstock are also bound and purfled. The nut is 1-3/4”, the string spacing is 2-1/4”, and it’s joined at the 13th fret:

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

This is also my Solis model, and I plan to have it finished for the show. This one has a master-grade Sitka soundboard over a breathtaking master-grade set of Cocobolo...a one-piece old-growth Honduran-Mahogany neck...black Ebony bindings, flamed-Pyinma purflings and the center seam inlay repeats the theme. The rosette inner ring is a single slice of Pyinma burl with outer rings of flamed Pyinma. There is an arm bevel and a soundport, and the fretboard & headstock are also bound and purfled. The nut is 1-3/4”, the string spacing is 2-1/4”, and it’s joined at the 13th fret:

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

Attachment 1

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

Thanks for looking.

joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 01-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Charter Member

Yowzah--these all look wonderful, Joel! That last Coco Solis looks amazing!

Really looking forward to meeting you and taking these for a test drive!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 01-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Me too! Can't wait for the audition.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:32 PM

Wow, Joel, I don't know what to say! Those are stunners to say the very least. I am honored to have you and your beautiful builds at the first annual B.I.G.

There are so many things I like about these, I can't even begin to list them all. Holy cow.

Thank you so much for posting!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop