The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-10-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHC View Post
Are you kidding me!?

That's got to be one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen in my life.
The backstrip alone took my breath away.

How on earth do you manage to play the thing? I'd just look at it all day long with a stupid grin on my face.

Congratulations - and tell Michaud he's a freakin' artist!
Thanks MHC! That's the caveat of owning this guitar, it might not get any play time at all with all the staring I do

The metal inlays on the back strip and rosette are set in post-finish. This means that the brushed brass is not covered by any finish and you can feel the metal for what it is. Quite a nice touch (no pun intended) if you ask me

I shall pass the message on!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-17-2018, 01:53 PM

Default Photo shoot!

So I've finally gotten the studio photos from Joel Michaud for the latest addition to my family. Apologies for not posting more about this beauty as I have been terribly busy with setting up this new dealership

So without further ado, here are some photos of my glorious Michaud Made!

Joel's gorgeous cutaway + scratch pad with the rosette theme carried on - genius

Perfectly quartered Brazilian Rosewood + brushed brass inlays set into the back strip

And possibly the highlight of this masterpiece - the headstock. It comes with a Matsuda inspired extended bass with Joel's own touch of the banjo capo, and Keith locking banjo tuners on the trebles

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 03-17-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

That’s a killer guitar!
Old 03-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Humanist

Holy Crap...!

[emoji41]
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 03-17-2018, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Hi Marcus,

Congratulations on a stunning guitar! Really unusual and very attractive! Great case, and I loved your sound clip -- very nice playing and what a great sounding guitar!

I was sorry to read about your accident, so I hope you heal up quickly!

Enjoy that guitar!

- Glenn
Old 03-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Charter Member

Marcus, a long overdue congratulations...
Old 03-19-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
That’s a killer guitar!
Thanks Paul! I think so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Pattis View Post
Holy Crap...!

[emoji41]
You know it Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Marcus,

Congratulations on a stunning guitar! Really unusual and very attractive! Great case, and I loved your sound clip -- very nice playing and what a great sounding guitar!

I was sorry to read about your accident, so I hope you heal up quickly!

Enjoy that guitar!

- Glenn
Thanks Glenn! The injury happened quite a few months ago so I'm all good now it really is quite a guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Marcus, a long overdue congratulations...
Thanks Bob! I am guilty of being too busy to play this beauty much with the setting up of The Golden Era Guitar and all, but I still feel so lucky every time I pick up this guitar.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 AM

I haven't really described the sound of this guitar yet and I am still looking to do a recording of this sometime in the near future so look out for it

So Joel really hit it out of the park with this one, evidently from the pictures. It is possibly my favourite guitar to date, but maybe I am biased, who knows haha it has Joel's signature tone to it, which is full of balance and clarity. If I had to describe the tone of this particular Michaud Made in one word, that word would be "PURE". It really is the purest sounding guitar I've played which might not be for everyone. The fundamental is strong with a light cloud of overtones trailing behind it, without a hint of muddiness. Absolutely perfect for the kind of fingerstyle I like to play. It strikes a good balance between projection and surrounding the player in terms of sound.

The guitar still has some opening up to do, but it is already very loud and responsive right off the bench when I received it. The bass is very full, but not overbearing. The trebles too are very fat with a nice sparkle to it, and just the right amount of volume to balance out with the rest of the registers.

As you can probably tell, the guitar has quite a few features that I am still exploring how to play with, namely the extended bass and locking banjo tuners. Meanwhile, you can check out this link to see the guitar in action with me playing a short snippet of Jon Gomm's "Passionflower".

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc3rRorlzLR/

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-19-2018, 11:30 PM
Charter Member

I really like light clouds of overtones. Very much.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:40 AM

Incredible playing Marcus!
Old 03-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Charter Member

Default Congrats Marcus

I've never seen such a sophisticated headstock! Has Joel been partnering with the NASA on this one?

Seriously I can only imagine it will add even more color to your already stellar playing. Great job on Passionflower btw, with the singing on top of it!

Also, great pictures showing how a fruitful collaboration can turn into a long-standing friendship.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 03-20-2018, 12:21 PM

Wowsa! Or, to quote Larry......Holy crap! What a beautiful instrument...but also a flat out "machine" Marcus! this should help you attain that next level....but, you're pretty far up there now! New heights await, I'm sure.
Congrats,
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 03-20-2018, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

This guitar was really "made for" you. So impressive, as is your playing. You are so lucky to have two very different, incredible instruments by Joel.
I know you are busy, but it would really cool if someday you could record the same music with both guitars and blend them in and out, or record them left and right. No pressure or anything
Old 03-20-2018, 02:44 PM

I hate quoting Paris Hilton, but "That's Hot!"
Old 03-22-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
Incredible playing Marcus!
Thanks Barry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaillant75 View Post
I've never seen such a sophisticated headstock! Has Joel been partnering with the NASA on this one?

Seriously I can only imagine it will add even more color to your already stellar playing. Great job on Passionflower btw, with the singing on top of it!

Also, great pictures showing how a fruitful collaboration can turn into a long-standing friendship.

Cheers,
Tom
Hey Tom, Joel Michaud is one of the most creative luthiers in the scene right now and I love how his style is constantly evolving. Check out the guitar I am about to post photos of below!

Thanks so much! And it is really true; being introduced to luthier built guitars (and of course Joel) has really changed my life and hence my decision to start a business in selling such instruments

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Wowsa! Or, to quote Larry......Holy crap! What a beautiful instrument...but also a flat out "machine" Marcus! this should help you attain that next level....but, you're pretty far up there now! New heights await, I'm sure.
Congrats,
Fred
Hahaha thanks Fred! There is definitely a lot to explore on this guitar (as if a traditional 6 string isn't mysterious enough already)

Quote:
Originally Posted by virob View Post
This guitar was really "made for" you. So impressive, as is your playing. You are so lucky to have two very different, incredible instruments by Joel.
I know you are busy, but it would really cool if someday you could record the same music with both guitars and blend them in and out, or record them left and right. No pressure or anything
Thanks Mike! I really am very fortunate to have stumbled across Joel, not to mention have forged such a strong friendship with him and own 2 of his most elaborate instruments.

Hahaha I am actually planning to do something along those lines with an OM-R Moon Spruce/African Blackwood that my friend has since one of the only differences is the back/sides. But sure I could possibly do that with all 3 Michauds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
I hate quoting Paris Hilton, but "That's Hot!"
Thanks Johnny!!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
brw, joel michaud, michaud made, moon spruce, om-r