The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 05-26-2019, 07:57 AM
Charter Member

Default Playing Chicken with the Secondary Market Ticket Prices!

Macca plays in Raleigh tomorrow (Memorial Day) and I dearly want to go. It was listening to Paul (and James Jamerson, honestly) that got me interested in playing bass which has since led me to guitar.

I spent 2 hours the morning tickets went on sale (November 10) trying to score seats via Ticketmaster but had no luck. Everytime I'd pick a couple of seats, the site would churn and then tell me they couldn't process my request. Within 40 minutes, all were gone.

So, for the last week or so, I've been watching ticket prices on the secondary market. I thought I'd reach out to experienced concertgoers here to see what recommendations might be had - which vendor seems to be the best option (Ticketmaster, Stubhub, Vividseats, SeatGeek, PickTick, someone else?) and when might be the best time to get maximum bang per buck?
Old 06-02-2019, 12:29 PM

I don't usually go through consolidators but Stub Hub got me decent tickets for Hall and Oates for about $80. I am told that the day of the show the prices may drop and I usually see people selling tickets at the venue. Those large concerts and $16 beers make me opt for house concerts.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN