The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 04-02-2021, 11:27 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default 2013 Wingert EVC Steampunk, Cocobolo/German Spruce

We adore this work of functional art. Kathy Wingert is one of our favorite builders and we’ve loved working with her for years now. Back in 2013 she executed an exclusive few Steampunk model EVC guitars, which we’ve been lucky enough to have visited with in the intervening years. Here’s one decked out with Cocobolo back and sides and German Spruce on top that’s a delight for both the eyes and the ears. The voice is balanced from bass to treble in the kind of way that gives chords consistent and even clarity and definition; it’s fantastic as a fingerstyle guitar. Visually, the soundhole is ringed in with a rosette of copper and cogs, which motif is continued across the headstock. There you’ll also find delicate pipework and a clear portal through the center so you can see the cogs from both the front and the back. For creature comforts we have a Ryan-style arm bevel and a venetian cutaway and a 25 1/4” scale that’s equal parts easy playability and power.

"I know Kathy Wingert is very proud of this limited series of guitars she’s made featuring steampunk artwork. But the beauty of these instruments goes far beyond the exterior, this guitar is lush and full and has everything I love about Kathy‘s instruments, not the least of which is the fat juicy treble strings that make me want to play melodies for days." - Paul Heumiller

Cash Price: $14,995

For more information please visit:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Tags
dream, guitars, steampunk, wingert