The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Rat View Post
Gibsons are hand-made so that counts. I thought for a couple years that they were thuddy and dull, until I played one with new strings. It was an eye-opener. I've been playing Hummingbirds, J-45s and Songwriters now for years.

More recently I was quite surprised at how really, and I mean really, good, Lowdens are. I came across an o32 I really loved, but decided to not let impulsiveness control me; came back three days later and it was gone.

I've played some SGGC guitars and haven't been as jazzed by them as others seem to be. I haven't also ever considered pulling out my wallet over the couple of Bourgeois and Collings I've played, but I keep an open mind because those could have been less than ideal examples.
I don't think that the OP meant factory production guitars, but rather very small shop and solo builders.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
larrivee, northwood