The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-03-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCougar View Post
As for me, I just ordered a 24' tritoon....

Very nice! How long a wait? I ordered my new 24’ DC in September and it was just delivered last week to the dealer. Of course, it didn’t ship with an engine. That’s coming who knows when. Could be on a dock in China, on the water, stuck at a US port....no clue.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Sorry. I didn’t mean to “out” you. FWIW I’m considered a “Clydesdale.” I would likely shatter a carbon frame if I “sent it’!”
Nah, they’re unbelievably strong, much more so that aluminum except in the case of direct impact, where aluminum will bend a bit and carbon could break. There so over engineered these days there are no worries. I weigh 200, I’m no lightweight. But you’ll definitely save some cash!
Old 04-03-2021, 11:40 AM

I love to play golf, so joining my local country club would be where my money goes.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:45 AM
AGF Sponsor

Guitar George... that's some pretty stuff.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:58 AM

I must admit of all these posts the only one that has made me a bit jealous is the one by Mary, I can wear a hole in a pair of socks in no time. Combined with a hatred of shopping, I'm always a bit short of socks.
Old 04-03-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
What's you thoughts on the Bryston TF-1?
I've not used a TF-1, but it should be excellent with the right cartridge, that is, one with less than .5 mV output. I don't think that Bryston has ever made a subpar piece.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:21 PM
Charter Member

I am a minimalist, and guitars are actually the outlier in how I exist. In fact, my walk-in closet is so bare (80% of my clothes are shorts/tees) that it's become my guitar case storage area. We downplay the Hallmark holidays and choose to make each day equally enjoyable. I choose to spend on experiences, rather than items, and my guitars get a pass b/c the music they create provides me with some great experiences (and a form of meditation after a long work day).

In recent years, our biggest investment has been renovating two side-by-side vacation homes in Costa Rica. Both homes were run down, and the elements are brutal on household items. But both renovations are mostly complete (there's always something, and we plan to re-paint the exteriors), and as things get better, we're hoping it will provide us with income to retire early (or at least get a couple more guitars, ha!).

Old 04-05-2021, 10:57 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yairimann View Post
I must admit of all these posts the only one that has made me a bit jealous is the one by Mary, I can wear a hole in a pair of socks in no time. Combined with a hatred of shopping, I'm always a bit short of socks.
I have never been a fan of shopping. I don't even like to shop on line. I ask for socks for Christmas and kitchen towels for my birthday. Both items brighten my world and make me feel loved when the package is opened. I feel happiest to not have to go to search for these items. What more can a girl want?

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:31 AM

I've been reclaiming a bedroom that used to be a guest room and setting up a small recording niche. I've bought a digital interface, a boom for my microphone and most recently an entry level gaming laptop that can run Reaper and OBS so that I can record and livestream.

Last week I bought this stool from Harbor Freight. I know there's a lot of love for other stools here that are similar but much more expensive but so far I'm loving it and it only cost 1/3. I don't care that it has no back as I find it to be less bulky than those other stools.

Today I also invested in a $10 sign to hang on the door that says "RECORDING: PLEASE do NOT disturb." With working from home and home schooling during COVID we're all in each other's business.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic