The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-15-2021, 08:37 PM
Charter Member

Default +1 - Altiverb Convolution Reverb

Aloha Kevwind & Friends,

+1 - I second sdelsolray & Jim1960 & others on Altiverb. I can't imagine a better library or quality sounding samples. I loved that convolution reverb! Thanks Stephen for the suggestion.

And yes, Logic Pro's onboard Space Design does have some great verb's. I also like many Waves reverbs.

alohachris
Old 03-20-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I read a comment somewhere that the Bricasti was for people who want to be able to put on a lot of reverb and have it sound like there is no reverb at all :-) Very transparent most of the time.
That's certainly my take. Even the better software verbs (and there is some good ones (compared to software verbs of days gone by) leave me slightly unsettled. My now aging M3000 doesn’t do that. It’s of course not very convenient, but I always am glad I took the time.

On another note, it’s funny cause I know many many here love them but I’ve never heard a convolution reverb that didn’t make me cringe.

Horses for courses

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD