The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-21-2018, 09:48 AM

Default Washburn parlor????

Has anyone played a Washburn Timeless parlor guitar? I can’t seem to find one locally and the choice of wood used to make it has my interest peaked. I’m in the market for a new parlor but I hate to order one of these and find out that I don’t like it. The only people online who have it will take returns but the buyer has to pay shipping both ways. Kinda sucks. Maybe I should just go with a Larrivee.

Opinions???
Old 06-21-2018, 09:55 AM

Haven’t had the opportunity to play the Timeless yet but I do own a 314KK and it’s a fun little instrument for what it is. That said, my Larrivée parlor kicks its butt. If I were choosing between the two I’d pick Larrivée every day of the week.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:46 PM

I posted a couple of months ago asking the same question. I would like to play one of the Timeless Parlors because the 140 yr old fir interests me. I have not found a brick and mortar store that stocks it. My preferred dealer is a Washburn dealer and he didn't order any because he was scared of the top being fir. His thinking was people would play it and then say "if only it had a spruce top."

I also asked him about the 135th Anniversary guitar. There were none of those left for him to order. I would love to play one of those also.

I am partial to Martin guitars and have been blessed in that I have a number of them. Growing up and learning to play in the early 1970's to me Washburn's were "poor man's" Martins.

I do have a Washburn WCG25SCE (sloped shoulder) and it is a great sounding guitar and very comfortable. I sit in my recliner a couple hours a night and play that guitar. I love the sloped shoulder.

Good luck on your search and post if you are able to play one.

Don't be afraid of Washburn's - their quality, sound and playability has come a long way.

Tim
Old 06-21-2018, 06:54 PM

Concerning the comparison between the Washburn 314kk and the Larrivee - are we comparing apples to apples? Not a fair comparison if we are comparing a $400 guitar to one that is $1,000.

Just my opinion.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Tim T View Post
Concerning the comparison between the Washburn 314kk and the Larrivee - are we comparing apples to apples? Not a fair comparison if we are comparing a $400 guitar to one that is $1,000.

Just my opinion.
Of course not. Clearly the Larrivée is in a different class. I’ll admit my bias but I’d likely pick a given Larrivée over others based on my experiences. While I like Washburn and am sure they’re some great instruments in their line I would bet on Larrivée producing a better sounding and better quality product.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Tim T View Post

Just my opinion.
I think the Timeless guitars are selling for just over $1100.00 which puts them in Larrivee P03 territory. I agree that for the lower models it would not be a very fair comparison.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:06 PM
Charter Member

I just watched this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0lLug21vTY

The parlor is featured in the second half. That is the biggest "parlor" guitar I have ever seen. Why not just call it the 00 or even OM that it actually is?

Steve

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion