The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD - Cordoba GK Studio Negra

My first six years of playing guitar were on a couple of cheap classical guitars. I haven't had anything with nylon strings since then. Lately, I've been feeling the urge to pick up something of that ilk. I played a Cordoba GK Studio Negra in the local GC once a few years back and I thought it sounded pretty good, especially the bass strings. Yesterday I saw on Reverb that Alto Music was selling b-stocks for $399, three hundred dollars below street price. I inquired about the defect and they said most were blemished. I told them I don't mind a blemish as long as it isn't chipped. And I ordered one.

I get home from work today around 3:00 and the guitar is already waiting on my doorstep. I get it inside, open the outer box, and staring at me from inside is a label on the inner box that says "B-Stock, chipped bridge."

Arggggghhhhhh!

In the message I sent via Reverb I said I was fine with a blemish but not with a chip. I'm now prepared to be a bit angry.

I get the guitar out. I'm looking at the bridge. I'm changing the angle in the light ...I can't find a chip. I run my fingers over all the edges, over every surface ...no chip. I can't find any finish blemishes either. This turned out to be an even better deal than I thought.

I wish I would have waited one day, however. There's now a 15% discount on them for the holiday. So if any of you are interested, you can grab one for $339 right now. They have more available.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 05-24-2018, 04:02 PM

Yes, but it sounds like you got A-stock for a B-stock price, if your luck is anything like mine if you had waited you probably WOULD have gotten a blemished instrument! So play and enjoy!
Old 05-24-2018, 04:21 PM
Charter Member

Maybe I'll be able to get a discount on a hard shell case for it.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 05-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Charter Member

Welcome to the Cordoba world! You could say that I'm a fan of the brand. My first was a GK Studio blanca. That instrument impressed me enough to sell my $4K Breedlove Masterclass Bossa Nova nylon string and pickup my first GK Pro (blanca). I've now owned 13 of their instruments (including the Studio, 4 - GK Pros, FCWE Reissue, 2 - 55FCEs, C12, F10, two Minis, and a Guitalele). In that price point, you're not going to get a better instrument. I know, as I've tried.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical