The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-04-2021, 07:32 PM

Default TC Helicon mic mechanic

Those of you who are guitarist /singers.
Who is a fan of the T.C Hellicon vocal pedals. My favourite is the TC Helicon Mic Mechanic.
Very sad to hear most music shops no longer stock the original T C Helicon mic mechanic or TC Helicom pedals in general.

Something to do with the supply chain problems.
There is the new Mic Mechanic version 2. But my singer friends tell me that version 2 is not as good as the original version. The second one has no delay or gain like the first one. Plus I hear that company has been taken over by Behringer

Dave
Old 05-04-2021, 07:51 PM

I've got the Mic Mechanic 2 and I like it. It has delay (tape echo, digital delay, slapback), and the three choices sound great. The auto level seems to work fine.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...mic-mechanic-2
Old 05-05-2021, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

I got a Mic Mechanic 2 a few weeks ago and I do really like it. I'm not finding as much use for the echo or correction effects but the built in vocal enhancer circuit is really nice. It doesn't change the sound of my voice, but it provides compression and nice EQ.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 05-05-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
I got a Mic Mechanic 2 a few weeks ago and I do really like it. I'm not finding as much use for the echo or correction effects but the built in vocal enhancer circuit is really nice. It doesn't change the sound of my voice, but it provides compression and nice EQ.
I don't use the correction either. I like the enhancement, especially or darker amps where I think it shines, it seems to add the perfect EQ. But... I love the tape echo, beat timed to the song so it's just barely perceptible, with a very slight hall reverb behind it. I think it provides a wonderful atmosphere. I think when set like that you can get very studio like results.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:32 PM

I bought the VoiceTone Correct (not the XT version) to use on my pedalboard. I like the separate controls compared to the Mic Mechanic. I dial in more de-essing and compression than I do pitch correction.

It doesn't have reverb, but I add that with my Wifi Mackie Mixer (since discontinued) which is also on my pedalboard. With this setup (the pedalboard is battery-operated), I can add some EQ (with the Venue DI) and use the Baggs Session for minimal guitar-processing, and then mix it all together, to send the output to something like the Bose L1 Compact that I own.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification