The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-02-2021, 11:52 PM

Had a bit more time, tried it against a magnetic pickup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4qwq4nEJno
Put a reference to your video at the end Aaron!
Old 05-03-2021, 12:32 AM
Charter Member

Amazing Aaron. Great video. You clearly know your way around your software and make it sound and Look simple but I think I would get frustrated with menu diving. Maybe not.

How critical is it to use a great mic to capture your reference IR? I don't have a Neuman.

I have Garageband in my Mac. Will the Pro-EQ 3 Plug in work with that? How much does the plug-in cost?

You got me interested in checking out a Helix Stomp. Looks ideal but I imagine there is a learning curve with that as well. All that said, GREAT job on the video. It sounds just like the mic ..or so close you'd never know the difference with crowd noise in a live setting.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 05-03-2021, 08:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Amazing Aaron. Great video. You clearly know your way around your software and make it sound and Look simple but I think I would get frustrated with menu diving. Maybe not.

How critical is it to use a great mic to capture your reference IR? I don't have a Neuman.

I have Garageband in my Mac. Will the Pro-EQ 3 Plug in work with that? How much does the plug-in cost?

You got me interested in checking out a Helix Stomp. Looks ideal but I imagine there is a learning curve with that as well. All that said, GREAT job on the video. It sounds just like the mic ..or so close you'd never know the difference with crowd noise in a live setting.
You don’t need a fancy mic. And SM-81 or similar would be fine. There is a free trial of the plug in that you could try out. If you are getting an HX Stomp then it’s a good way to go.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:56 AM

Does anybody know if this concept can be expanded upon to include other devices in the chain like amplifiers or FX? For example, if I miced my guitar going through a favourite amplifier or FX pedal, could I profile the end result in this way?
Old 05-03-2021, 08:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc. View Post
Does anybody know if this concept can be expanded upon to include other devices in the chain like amplifiers or FX? For example, if I miced my guitar going through a favourite amplifier or FX pedal, could I profile the end result in this way?
Sure, anything. It is just EQ.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification