The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 03:04 PM
Charter Member

Default Emerald T20 Dread in Sunburst Super Rare **Oh Hold**

I bought this guitar off of a person on Reverb last October with the intent to use this at our Trios practice hall. I've decided to only keep one guitar there now. I use a Tuned down to D guitar on a lot of stuff so my X20 Baritone with mediums that I kept in my studio does a better job with the lower tuning and the 27" scale length. The X20 now stays there and this one came home. I have so many guitars and my X20 Cocobolo is what I grab most of the time at home so this will not get much play.

The only thing I did to this guitar as it's in awesome condition was swap out the awful locking tuners someone had put on it and replaced with what Emerald uses and used on some of there lineup. Gotoh 381's in Cosmo Black. Much better fit for this size headstock. They work & look perfect. I did have to plug the little screw holes on the rear as the locking tuners were different. It's a great fix and hard to even notice. Of course you can tell nothing from the front.

This guitar is loud & proud and has standard Emerald neck shape and scale length. Nothing was custom about this guitar other than the "One of a kind" Sunburst finish. Back & sides are the Crystal Ice finish. I think the guitar is from 2012 but not totally sure of that.

This guitar plays easy, sounds great and has the wonderful K&K Trinity system in it. It's so very natural sounding using the included K&K Trinity preamp to mix Mic & Piezo. I'm also suppling a brand new Roland TRS cable to plug into the box. From there you just need a mono instrument cable to amp or PA system. Also included is a nice long Truss rod wrench for the headstock adjust. This great guitar comes with a great case. An Emerald branded Hiscox case. These are so light but very protective.
Aski
I have a lot of pics but only posting a few here. If you wish to see more just pm me and include your email for more pics.

Asking $1600 obo. Shipping & paypal included in lower 48 USA only.

As far as trades go I'm really looking for a nice wooden Baritone with a 27" Scale length. I know Larrivee and Taylor make these as well as some others.

I will keep on here until Sunday Feb. 28th before moving it to an auction so I am willing to listen to trades and deal.

From the original Reverb listing.

Ireland based Emerald Guitars is recognized as the premiere custom carbon fiber guitar builder in the world. They only built these T20 dreadnoughts for a few years around 2010. It is an amazing guitar and especially shines with rhythm, finger style, and slide. And, this is one of the only T20 Tobacco burst dreadnoughts in existence. Beautifully crafted and great sounding guitar. Hand made in Ireland.

Guitar was setup in Austin by Mark Erlewine, yes, that Mark Erlewine, same master who works on ole Trigger (Willy's guitar). That was a few years ago, but it hasn't needed anything since because humidity just doesn't move these carbon fiber guitars. The action is low, and it is very comfortable to play.

SPECS:
Blackout Planet Waves Auto-trim tuners (Changed to Gotoh 381 Tuners)
15-1/2" wide at lower bout
4-5/8" deep at lower bout, 5-1/8" deep at tail-block
Nut width 1-3/4"
Scale length 25.4"
String spacing is 2-1/4" at bridge
Pickup system is a K&K Trinity system with internal gooseneck mic and external 2 channel preamp
Hiscox Liteflight hard case from England
Neck profile is a half "C", similar to a D28
efrontflash.jpg

efrontdown.jpg

eincase.jpg

efullfront.jpg

esticker.jpg
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin

Last edited by benderman57; 02-25-2021 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:31 PM

Ive never even heard of one of these. Would love to know what it sounds like.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

I may tomorrow try to record a comparison clip between my X20 and the T20 that I could email to anyone who would like to hear the difference. Basically it's more traditional with the center soundhole to the players ear. To my recollection it's not as bright as some of the Raisnongs I've owned but not as dark as a Composite acoustics. Lies somewhere in the middle of that.
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin
Old 02-25-2021, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Guitar is on hold
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin
Closed Thread