The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-13-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Thanks for your efforts on these reviews Alex. My only contribution is hoping you will also play them fingerstyle as well in the final cut?

Having said that, does the Taylor sound $5-7K better than either of those other guitars? Not in my opinion.
Yes to fingerstyle! I have about ten songs I snipped and arranged for this purpose, all different styles of playing. This section will go at the end of the discussion section.

And lord no about the Taylor lol. I bought it as art, and it's stunning and amazing as that, and it ALSO makes guitar noises.... once in a while, when I get up the courage to touch it. (It hangs on my wall near my desk.)
Old 12-14-2020, 04:24 PM

I thought the X20 sounded really good, a toss up between that and the taylor. But - the plectrum was much louder on the Emerald, distractingly so IMHO. Since it was the same player, could it be the mic placement? Or the sound board reflecting it more? Or something else?
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 12-15-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdq View Post
I thought the X20 sounded really good, a toss up between that and the taylor. But - the plectrum was much louder on the Emerald, distractingly so IMHO. Since it was the same player, could it be the mic placement? Or the sound board reflecting it more? Or something else?
The secret to this video is that I re-recorded everything from one bench/mic placement, without moving either at all between takes, and over-dubbed the video. So it's either me -- possible, I first used a pick five years ago -- or something about the absence of the sound hole maybe?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber