The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-11-2020, 07:48 PM

Default Klos thoughts?

Any thoughts on the Klos full CF.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFingerCharli View Post
Any thoughts on the Klos full CF.
First off, welcome to the forum!

There is a cool feature here on this forum where you can do key word searches. "KLOS" turns up 3 pages dating back to 2015 when they ran their Kickstarter campaign.

Happy reading!

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...earchid=284991
Old 12-11-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post

There is a cool feature here on this forum where you can do key word searches. "KLOS" turns up 3 pages dating back to 2015 when they ran their Kickstarter campaign.

Happy reading!

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...earchid=284991
Your snark is misplaced and unwarranted here. The OP is asking specifically about the full carbon series - which only starting shipping a month or two ago, and we've only had two threads with little actual experience on them.

Back to the OPs question: I'm shaking my head a bit over the fact that the full carbon still has spruce bracing for the top. Neither my Rainsong or Emerald have ANY bracing that I can see, so I am curious as well regarding how the Klos full-carbon models hold up to the equivalent CFs...
Old 12-11-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
Your snark is misplaced and unwarranted here. The OP is asking specifically about the full carbon series - which only starting shipping a month or two ago, and we've only had two threads with little actual experience on them.

Back to the OPs question: I'm shaking my head a bit over the fact that the full carbon still has spruce bracing for the top. Neither my Rainsong or Emerald have ANY bracing that I can see, so I am curious as well regarding how the Klos full-carbon models hold up to the equivalent CFs...
No snark intended, I genuinely wanted to help since many of the frequent posters here do not typically talk about KLOS guitars.

I do appreciate the non sequitur though.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
No snark intended, I genuinely wanted to help since many of the frequent posters here do not typically talk about KLOS guitars.

I do appreciate the non sequitur though.
Sorry if I was harsh!

I am thinking about a new acoustic and have been sorting things through my mind. I currently have two CFs (Rainsong and Emerald) and I've been weighing one of the Klos full carbons, or perhaps a Larry L-40R. Of course, I may go full-on crazy and step up to either a McPherson Sable or comparably-priced wood guitar. Just not sure I'm worth it!!! Currently, my only wood acoustics are an older Tak 12-string that will likely outlast me and a Breedlove MIC "Organic Signature series" I picked up on a whim after I traded a Martin for a Ric (mistake - but that's another story!)
Old 12-12-2020, 03:30 PM

Back to the OPs question: I'm shaking my head a bit over the fact that the full carbon still has spruce bracing for the top. Neither my Rainsong or Emerald have ANY bracing that I can see, so I am curious as well regarding how the Klos full-carbon models hold up to the equivalent CFs...[/QUOTE]

That is something I am curious about. Will the braces affect the tone/tuning when humidity goes up or down. Looking to use during extended camping forays where I won’t have as much control over it as I do at home.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:35 PM

Happy reading!

Than you for the welcome,
No snark taken on my end. I did use the search function but did not see much on the full CF models. I wii keep watching the CF section for future updates.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:45 PM

I use a snark tuner..
Old 12-17-2020, 08:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
I use a snark tuner..
Did you take it?
Old 12-18-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
Did you take it?
If you did, give it back
Old 01-17-2021, 10:57 PM

I bought it, knowing I can return it. I love the guitar. I’m delighted with it. It lacks the deep warmth of my Martin, but the soundboard is amazing, the bass not disappointing, and it’s sustain is remarkable, it’s bright and satisfying, and it plays indiscernibly from the Martin.
2020 KLOS Full-size Full Carbon Fiber
2022 Epiphone IBG J200

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber