The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-09-2011, 12:31 AM

I have a CA OX. Their OM size guitar. I do like it, but not better than my wood guitars. I like that I can take it anywhere and not worry about it. And it sounds good.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:10 AM

This resurrected thread is over 7 years old. 7. Interesting.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
This resurrected thread is over 7 years old. 7. Interesting.
And 7 years ago, CF guitars did not come close to how they sound today. I tried a Rainsong six years ago and hated it.

I played a Shorty and and CO1000N2, and they are absolutely amazing.
the materials are far better, and the sound absolutely comparable to wood. I would love someone to post some MP3s here and let people guess which is wood and which is carbon. I believe depending on the guitar, it would be tough to tell.

Here is the other thing to consider with CF guitars. Some of them excel being plugged in. My personal opinion is that the Emerald guitars are great plugged in. The Rainsongs are amazing unplugged and plugged in. I think that CA also does better plugged in. This is just my opinion, and my ears.

I am stuck between getting the Shorty or a custom OM, but I will pull the trigger soon. I am a huge fan of the Rainsongs. But there are a lot of great builders. Try them out on one of the MacNichols road trips.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo

Last edited by Kindness; 12-09-2011 at 01:16 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber