The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 01:29 PM

Default Martin Woodsongs 0000 28S, 12 Fret

Well, as part of one of my New Years resolutions, I have decided (again) to sell this WONDERFUL Martin 0000 12 fret WoodSongs! (I listed it several months ago but backed outalmost immediatgely) It is ABSOLUTELY MINT and you can save close to $2k from a new one. I hope it can work for you! BTW, they only made 10 of these and there will be no more!

About This Listing

“I am primarily a finger-style guitarist and play 12-fret slot head Martin guitars exclusively. Always have. Here’s why: on a normal guitar when you strum a G chord you hear the wash of the chord tones. On the wider neck 12-fret Martin when you strum the same chord your hear the bell-like tones of the notes making up the chord. The clarity can be breath taking. It was those silver and golden bell-like tones merged with power and volume I was hoping for when thinking about the WoodSongs QUAD 28s.

The 0000 body size is part of the guitar’s power. Bigger than the 000 and slightly smaller than a dreadnought it gives the best of both worlds. On the larger guitars like a D-35, the instrument sounds awesome in the room but every sound man on the planet has to EQ the low end down when you stand onstage. That alters the sound of the instrument dramatically, no matter what. The 000 size sounds perfect but the smaller body size makes you look like Gigantor. Thus, the slightly larger 0000-28s body of the WoodSongs QUAD. The bass strings have crisp power and the high strings have the silvery bell tones of a beautiful instrument.Β

And the WoodSongs QUAD has natural volume and a long, clean sustain. It’s a finger picking cannon, a pro instrument for a serious artist and song writer. Take a visit to Willcutt Guitar Shoppe, sit yourself down in a quiet room and play one for yourself. This is truly the finest guitar I’ve ever heard and worth the effort. A guitar like this is an investment in yourself and your music. Nothing can make a good song and a good artist sound better than a magnificent instrument like the WoodSongs QUAD 28s.”

$4950, shipped (PayPal)

Michael Johnathon
Folksinger - SongFarmer

The bracing pattern in this guitar is completely custom. It is very similar to the Norman Blake model which also had the 000/OM 14F body with a 12F neck. Basically Martin took the intersection point of the X braces and pushed it back. This moves the sound hole on the top to the correct position that will allow the extended fingerboard of the 12F neck to line up correctly with the rosette. Essentially a modified rear-shifted pattern on a 000-OM body. This is one of the main ingredients to the mesmerizing tone of these instruments.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...unds&crop=fill

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...unds&crop=fill

Specifications

• Construction: Standard; Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
• Body Size: 0000-14 Fret Body / 12 Fret Neck
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Top Braces: Adirondack / Scalloped 1/4" / Golden Era
• Bracing Pattern: Custom
• Top Binding: Grained Ivoroid
• Top Inlay: Bold Herringbone
β€’ Rosette: Style 28
• Pickguard: Tortoise
• Back: Solid East Indian Rosewood
• Purfling: HD Zig-Zag
• Back Binding: Grained Ivoroid
• Sides: Solid East Indian Rosewood
• Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
• Block: Solid Genuine Mahogany
• Neck: Genuine Mahogany - 12/4
• Neck Shape: Mod V
• Headstock: Slotted / Square Slots / 6 String / Diamond
• Nut: Bone
• Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
• Headplate Pearl: CFM Logo / Torch Inlay - Select Abalone
• Tuning Machines: Waverly Brass w/ Small Ivoroid Buttons
• Fingerboard: Black Ebony
• Radius: 16"
• Scale Length: 24.9"
• Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
• Width at 12 Fret: 2 1/4"
β€’ Pearl Inlay: 1/8" MOP dots at 5th and 7th Frets
• Additional Fingerboard Inlay: "Woodsongs" inlaid at 9th Fret (MOP)
• Finish Body: Gloss
• Finish Neck: Satin
• Bridge: Black Ebony
• Style: Vintage Belly- Drop In Long Saddle
• String Spacing: 2 5/16"
• Saddle: Bone
• Bridge Pins: Bone with Black Dots
• End Pin: Bone w/ Black Dot
• Strings: MSP7100
• Case: 570 Cabernet
s/n 187570

Last edited by arktrav; 02-02-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:14 PM

I had a chance to talk to Michael Johnathon a couple years ago at an event and we discussed his changing from a 000 12 fret to this 0000 size guitar. Everything he said made sense and the sound of the guitar speaks for itself. These are truly special sounding. GLWTS
Old 02-05-2021, 10:31 AM

Yes they are! Really!
Old 02-08-2021, 08:41 AM

Bunp for another look!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars