The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-11-2012, 08:07 AM

Default My Lil Home Recording Stuff

Just wanted to share what I use to do recordings. It also serves a a great live rig.

Basically, a PA with a USB mixer.

Allen & Heath ZED12FX mixer. I run it right into my laptop via USB, and use Adobe Audition 3.0 as my recording software.

Right now, I have a Martin HD-28, and installed an LR Baggs M1 Active pickup in it.

A set of EV ELX112P's. They are 1,000 watts each.

My trusty Zoom H4, for recording un-plugged. It also works very well positioned a couple feet in front of the speakers for getting a more realistic plugged in recording.

My cool little Snark. I'm just throwing this one in because Snark's are super cool.

The room itself ain't all that great, but then again... I'm just a software developer with hobbies...

Anyway, this is my current rig, and feel free to share yours.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 PM

Thanks for sharing Bob! It is very nice to have your own space to record, isn't it? Hopefully, it is a quiet space. I have half of my living room set up as a recording space. but it works for me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD