The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-22-2022, 06:50 PM

Default MY experience with Pickup K&K sound pure classic + LR Baggs Align EQ + LR Baggs Sessi

I just bought the LR Baggs Align EQ to add to my chain, I'll tell you about my experience.
Align Eq has a nice presence, it looks really strong, resistant and will last for many years, what I find uncomfortable is the placement of the 9v battery, the cable was very bent.

First I tried the Align EQ only, when it is deactivated the rumbling sound that I already know appears, with that excess bass that bothers me, that muddy sound, something that must be typical of the K&K sound pure classic pickup, when I activate the Align EQ, I was worried about leaving the equalization flat, just by activating it I immediately noticed the change in sound, more crystalline and much more balanced, I wrote to Caleb from LR Baggs this impression and he replied the following:

"Yes, that is normal. When you turn the pedal on, even without any EQ being used, the pedal is still going to change the impedance of the pickup in a good way. This is normal, and what the pedal is designed to do "

Then I added the LR Baggs Session DI, to add that subtle saturation of harmonics that I really like, obtaining a sound that I really like.

I gave it a couple of highs from the eq, moderate levels of gain and volume, cut lows at 80hz, and got a tone that I was very happy with.

I hope this experience will help some K&K users who don't know what EQ to add to their pedal chain due to impedance matching issue.

LR Baggs Align EQ + LR Baggs Session DI work very well together.

I hope that
Old 01-22-2022, 06:55 PM

Any chance you could post an A/B of the K&K unmodified vs. with these pedals?
Old 01-22-2022, 09:09 PM

Let me see it in the week, what I can do is record the guitar with both pedals, activating and deactivating the use of the LR Baggs Align eq, leaving that fixed if the Session DI, but I would not know how to upload the file to the forum.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
classic guitar, k&k sound, lr baggs