The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-13-2022, 06:27 AM
Musical minimalist

Default 2007 Breedlove Revival Deluxe dreadnought - SOLD - SOLD

This is a huge sounding Adirondack and Mahogany dreadnought - I've owned many and this is by far the loudest and most impressive. I just can't get used to the 1 11/16 nut, even though it has nearly 1 1/2 string spacing which would be normal for a 1 3/4 nut instrument.

Only a few things to note - one, the original label was removed when a pickup system was taken out, but I confirmed the model with Breedlove (Two Old Hippies) and they have sent me a new label which I will install before it ships.

This guitar appears brand new except for about a 2" area in the rosette where the gloss finish is "buffed" above the pick guard and a tiny area near the corner of the bridge where the same thing has happened.

I have removed the pick guard and there is a bit of a tan line, but I'll re-install it before shipping.

The only other thing is some very minor marks on the head stock overlay from string changes.

The setup and intonation are dialed in - it showed up with some minor issues which I've taken care of. I have it set up with lights, and it sounds MUCH better than the fresh set of mediums it was delivered with!

It comes with a Martin Geib case (500 series with wine interior) in at least 9/10 condition.

1 11/6 nut - 25.5 scale - 2 1/4 saddle spacing. Neck profile is a very comfortable and relatively shallow C.

These retailed for 3800 and had a street price of 2800. The instrument was based on a Preston Thompson design and I also believe Jason Bowerman was heavily involved in the shop when it was built.

1795 plus actual shipping on my Fedex account. Paypal is fine. Will ship to continental US only and only to confirmed addresses. NO TRADES unless maybe you have the OM version of this guitar with a 1 3/4 nut!

I'll try to get some more and better pictures up soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1.jpg (45.1 KB, 504 views)
File Type: jpg b4.jpg (47.4 KB, 507 views)
File Type: jpg b2.jpg (36.6 KB, 508 views)
File Type: jpg b3.jpg (32.5 KB, 507 views)
File Type: jpg b5.jpg (26.2 KB, 494 views)

Last edited by fitness1; 06-05-2022 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:12 AM
Musical minimalist

Few more pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00027.jpg (57.8 KB, 436 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00028.jpg (53.4 KB, 432 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00036.jpg (47.6 KB, 436 views)

Old 05-14-2022, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Beautiful Breedlove Todd. At this price it should not last long.
Too bad I can only handle small bodied 12 fretters, or this would be headed my way.

Buy with confidence folks, Todd is a straight up guy.

Collings ~ Taylor ~ Martin
Old 05-14-2022, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Does the new label have the serial number on it? Do you know what year it was built?
Old 05-14-2022, 01:38 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR. View Post
Does the new label have the serial number on it? Do you know what year it was built?
It will not have the serial on it or any signature. Just confirmation that it is a deluxe model.

There was no way of telling exactly when it was built, unfortunately.

Old 05-14-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
It will not have the serial on it or any signature. Just confirmation that it is a deluxe model.

There was no way of telling exactly when it was built, unfortunately.
If you haven’t already done so, you could take a photo of the underside of the top between the sound hole and neck. It’ll have someone’s initials and often will have a date as well which would be a month or two prior to it’s official completion.

Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe 2009, Jayson Bowerman ...(co-designer Preston Thompson)
Santa Cruz Model F, 1998, Richard Hoover
Yamaha LJ36, 2022, Hiroshi Sakurai
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Old 05-18-2022, 11:50 AM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_adams View Post
If you haven’t already done so, you could take a photo of the underside of the top between the sound hole and neck. It’ll have someone’s initials and often will have a date as well which would be a month or two prior to it’s official completion.
Here's what I found - March '07...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg revdate.jpg (37.7 KB, 257 views)

Old 05-19-2022, 09:29 AM

There you go! And you could ask Breedlove to re-issue another label with the serial number 10,105 on it. Lastly, Breedlove has been willing to dig out the original build sheet with the specs and everyone's sign-offs as the guitar was built. 2007 would have been a good year for a Revival Deluxe, 3 years after the model was designed yet a couple years before Jayson Bowerman left.

Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe 2009, Jayson Bowerman ...(co-designer Preston Thompson)
Santa Cruz Model F, 1998, Richard Hoover
Yamaha LJ36, 2022, Hiroshi Sakurai
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Old 05-19-2022, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

I had a Bowerman era 000 Revival. Top notch instrument. I suspect this one is too. Great value for the investment.

Jeff
Old 05-19-2022, 11:55 AM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwapoolguy View Post
I had a Bowerman era 000 Revival. Top notch instrument. I suspect this one is too. Great value for the investment.
For playing with a flatpick in any style, I like it better than any Goodall I've owned (over two dozen!) Only one that came close was a Claro/Engelmann Standard.

If I get some time in the next week or so I may bother Two Hippies again for more info. I think if anyone had this in their hands, they would forget about most everything once they played it anyway

Old 05-19-2022, 01:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_adams View Post
There you go! And you could ask Breedlove to re-issue another label with the serial number 10,105 on it. Lastly, Breedlove has been willing to dig out the original build sheet with the specs and everyone's sign-offs as the guitar was built. 2007 would have been a good year for a Revival Deluxe, 3 years after the model was designed yet a couple years before Jayson Bowerman left.
Very true. I had bought a Revival dread last year and I gave breedlove the serial #. It ended up being a Revival prototype dreadnought! Pretty cool. They are pretty great on their service and they gave me the OG build sheet.

These guitars are seriously amazing. I've owned 3 of different models. I've owned Martins, SCGC, Collings, Boucher and these older revivals are up there with them. Then you look at the price tag and it really makes the Revivals a winner. Don't sleep on these. They aren't your typical Breedloves.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:11 PM
Musical minimalist

So here's the build sheet with JB's initials all over it - crazy that even this lists the nut width as 1 3/4. I'm going to measure it for the 20th time in a few minutes, but I'm 99% sure its 1 11/16.

Thanks to catdaddy for converting the PDF to Jpeg for me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1744_001.jpg (61.8 KB, 185 views)

Old 05-19-2022, 04:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
So here's the build sheet with JB's initials all over it - crazy that even this lists the nut width as 1 3/4. I'm going to measure it for the 20th time in a few minutes, but I'm 99% sure its 1 11/16.

Thanks to catdaddy for converting the PDF to Jpeg for me!
You know I was going to ask “are you sure” myself but didn’t want to question you. A 1-11/16” nut seems out of place, especially with 1-1/2” string spacing and 2-1/4” bridge string spacing.

Jeff
Old 05-19-2022, 05:06 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwapoolguy View Post
You know I was going to ask “are you sure” myself but didn’t want to question you. A 1-11/16” nut seems out of place, especially with 1-1/2” string spacing and 2-1/4” bridge string spacing.
OK - so I just meaured everything 5 more times. Every time I come up with 1 11/16 plus maybe a 64th neck width at the nut. The nut string spacing is 1 31/64 and the saddle is possibly a 64th less than 2 1/4.

These are done with one of those 6 inch flat steel rulers that goes down to 32nd of an inch in good light with a pretty good pair of 60 year old eyes.

Last edited by fitness1; 05-20-2022 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-19-2022, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

I bet if you used a set of calipers the nut/neck width would be 1-3/4” or close to it. Honestly, I’d go with the spec sheet.

Jeff

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars