The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-08-2023, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
That was not Sebastian's guitar. He was not scheduled to perform but was called upon when they needed somebody to fill in and he happened to be hanging around backstage. The Harmony he played was borrowed from Tim Hardin.

That top and that pickguard look far FAR nicer than anything I have ever seen on another Harmony of it's type. I wonder if it is a re-top, something that Matt Umanov or Jon Lundberg would have done.

If you really want to hear what an old Harmony Sovereign OOO with old dead strings can do in skilled hands, head to Youtube and listen Ed Gerhard playing the McCartney song "Junk" from Ed's House Of Guitars record.

That whole record is Ed playing old vintage Cheapo...Ed's words...guitars that he collected over the years. He did not change the strings or set them up, he just plays them as they "lie" so to speak, dead strings, lousy action, buzzing, pinching, fretting out, the whole gamut. It is a fantastic record and just goes to show...as was his intent with the record...what you can do. the music you can make, with any guitar if you understand how to play it and bring the tone...the music out of it.

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher
Old 02-08-2023, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

I don’t think that sounds good. I definitely need something other than an old harmony.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion