The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-26-2014, 03:07 PM

Default Anyone buy a Mini Hog from Sweetwater today?

I have been watching for a very nicely figured top on a GS Mini Mahogany. I am leaving for vacation Saturday and have been watching Sweetwater closely in hopes of finding "the one" and having it shipped so I could take it with me. This morning I check their online inventory to find two very strikingly figured mini hogs. One with more blonde shades and one with more red shades. I took the morning to contemplate between the two and decided my first choice was the darker of the two and I would order after lunch. Low and behold, I check in after lunch and they are both gone. I called Sweetwater in hopes they just rotate their online inventory and one of the two was still available. I found out they were, in fact, both sold. What a bummer.

My daughter is just learning to play and is coming home to visit. We are meeting my parents for a vacation and I had hoped to take two guitars so we could play together while away. I wasn't thrilled about traveling with a solid wood guitar and planned to leave the Martin at home and take my Taylor 214ce and have a legitimate excuse to relieve some GAS and pick up a mini hog for the trip. The silver lining is now I have a legitimate excuse to take my daughter guitar shopping while on vacation.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:32 PM

careful, vacations tend to make you happy and relaxed.... that means your much more free with your debit card ! start out lookin' for a mini 'Hog andend up with a 526ce.... just sayin'
Old 06-26-2014, 03:39 PM

Try zzounds. They have pics of each model. I've had good luck with them.

2021 Taylor 114e
2020 Martin 000-18
2020 Martin LXME
Old 06-26-2014, 05:27 PM

"Mini Hog"... Vietnamese Potbelly Pig ?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:49 PM

I spoke with Allan at Sweetwater for a hog this past week....They offered a very good price, but was beat by Sam Ash, in a box..It was cheaper than what was being sold here..(Not with the tax however)...There are good deals to be had...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion