The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-15-2010, 02:40 PM

Default Lester Backshall guitars

Hi everyone,
I have been a steel string player for over 40 years and recently decided I would like to try nylon strings. I played as many guitars as I could, both new and second hand and I have just purchased a beautiful classical guitar from Les Backshall and would like to recommend him to you all. There are excellent video and audio clips on his website and the guitar being played in video clip 3is the actual guitar that I now own. His craftsmanship is excellent and his prices are very reasonable. I got the impression that he would make any alterations to his basic guitar within reason, i.e. narrower nut etc.
I would advise anyone interested in a hand made classical guitar to check him out.
I have no personal connection with Les at all and had never heard of him until recently, but he seems to be a very agreeable man to deal with and the guitars speak for themselves.
Best regards,
Malcolm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical