The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-06-2002, 06:42 AM

Default BIG Baby - best deal out there,imho

I think the big babies are awesome for the price.
I have put electronics in two of them for people and they are crazy about them. Very good sound board I think.

One guy uses his in a recording studio.. He just could not get over how well it sounded.
I put a pretty inexpensive 4 band preamp in it, with a fishman bridge saddle pickup and with an acoustic amp, it was awesome.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:37 PM

Default Big Baby

Yup...love mine as well, but would love the 12 string Taylor as well. I play mine 2 or 3 three nights a week in a solo act and have a Fischman pickup inside with an SKB case that I paid $70.00 dollars for. I plug the Taylor into either my Line 6 Pro Pod or the Korg Pandora and can get the 12 string sound I like without switching guitars. I use a Sony mini disk player which is a hand held unit and I velcroed that to the top of my Taylor. I'm fully wireless and can roam around a room and mess with the patrons to my hearts content!

Chaz
Old 04-11-2002, 03:57 PM

Default case for big baby

in my last post i mentioned the tkl cases. dont buy one. they dont fit. taylor was wrong. i have emailed several other places to try and find a case for my big baby, but i havent gotten any replies. if i find a case, ill be sure to post where i got it from and how good a fit it is. if anyone finds a really good fitting case, be sure and let me know.
Old 04-12-2002, 03:28 PM

hey I just got case for My Big Baby a week ago. It fits PERFECT! I'm not sure exactly what case it is... Is there a way I could find out?? I know it's a Martin and it look jsut like thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=856224095 I will try to post a pic as soon as i find my digital camera. and how much would it cost to put electronics in one?
Old 04-18-2002, 11:40 AM

Cool

I just got my Big Baby Taylor (BBT) this week, I like it.
I did a lot of comparison and research for the best deal
for my $$$, and BBT is the best for the money and sound.
I'll dress it up a lil bit with a mother of pearl pick guard.
But for now I'm lookig for a maybe used 3xx Taylor hard
case. Anybody got one to sell?
Old 04-20-2002, 09:05 PM

Thoroughly pleased with my Big Baby. It has great tone and playability and didn't hurt the wallet too much.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:28 PM

I love mine for travel.JW
Old 04-23-2002, 06:24 PM

I just bought my BIg Baby yesterday. I have been wanting it since about 3 guitar purchases ago and now I finally have it. I love it as well. It sounds awesome. Gotta go read my kid a book....
Old 04-24-2002, 01:45 AM

Default It Fits!

I just tried putting my Big Baby in my Martin 000-28EC case and it fits perfectly!
Regards,
Mike Gilles
Old 04-25-2002, 12:39 PM

I'm about to gt one for my 13 yr. old son to start playing. They are really nice for the money. If only someone would have bought me one when I was that age. My dealer says that some have Engleman Spruce tops. Is this true? He said they use the leftovers from te higher end guitars on the babys.

814ce-LTD Brazilian
Old 05-04-2002, 08:36 PM

i got my big baby a few days ago,nothing can come close for the price. it out classed every martin at guitar center. i picked up a 1800.00$ gibson, and strummed a few chords,then tryed the taylor and well.......... the gibson sounded sick when compared to the sound of the "baby". i absolutely love this guitar!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification