The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-20-2018, 05:03 PM

Thumbs up Have you tried the Taylor V-Class? This recorded session in Concord...

...lead to a drive to El Cajon the next week for a fantastic visit & tour of the Taylor factory (a treat for the backyard engineers among us). There are 4 parts. I've set it to release them once a week.

Good part at 3:30.

Hello to any of my friends still kicking. Looks like the Taylor section is gone. I'm homeless right now and could use a gig!

Last edited by Kerbie; 08-21-2018 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Fixed video
Old 08-21-2018, 07:55 PM

Thanks Kerbie.. I didn't realize a shortened video URL wouldn't work. I guess no one saw it. Sorry guys. Some Doyle Dykes songs in the video for fans.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:41 PM

I’m a big Taylor fan... however I’m not sold on the “V”class bracing. At least not in the way Taylor is selling it as the best thing since cold cuts.
I’m not sure if it just me.. maybe I’m in the minority..
I’ve got to sample two different “V” class guitars at two different shops. Each shops had older traditional Taylor’s of lesser stature (214,and 414) with the traditional bracing. I found the the sound of the V’s to be mushy, rather than mellow. The older guitars can ring out single notes better.
It’s my hope that Taylor offers the traditional bracing in some guitars for people like me.
All of my favorite Taylor’s were all made prior to 2013.the older Taylor’s really sing. For example I really like the older 600series prior to the revoicing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, doyle dykes, guitar, taylor, v-class