The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 11-06-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPR View Post
You have a special talent?

In fact, I feel like I'm walking into a wall myself here...

I would define the sum of a persons parts and whether they are beneficial for a certain skill talent. Those traits that are genetic.

Watching people walk into to walls, does not necessarily indicate a special talent. It goes to show though, that some people perceive some things whereas others don't.

Like I said, I believe there are 3 main components to musical talent. Sense of rhythm, hearing of tones and how they interact, and then intelligence/creativity.

I find the tones seem to be most common, the rhythm next, and the last one I find is many more shades than the other two. You know, the sky is the limit really, and this one makes a big difference.

But ya, I see people sometimes that make mistakes that seem to me so obvious, like walking into a wall. Things that aren't trained, nor difficult. That don't require an instrument, nor practice, nor training. Simple things.

But that is not to say I have a "special talent." It's like thumbs. Some people can bend the thumb joint backwards, and some people their thumbs can only really open straight. That is not a special talent really. But it might give one an advantage over another to do a specific task.

I can notice that someone doesn't perceive rhythm the way I do. I also notice that a number of people do. But that's genetic, and a component of talent.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 AM

Hey OP (Riverwolf)....are you getting all of this?
Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Gilmour View Post
Hey OP (Riverwolf)....are you getting all of this?
He must be busy taking notes, that's why he hasn't been back.... .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write