The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-13-2018, 03:36 PM
AGF Sponsor

I heard from both JR and Baker about "doing" the badges for the show and got the green light from both of them so will have name tags at our table … no purchase necessary (Tom)

When we get a little closer to the actual show we can iron out details, (perhaps we can get some names in advance) but in general just stop by our table and we will give you a name tag.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:54 AM
Charter Member

Believe it or not, this morning I was looking through my center console storage compartment of my car and in there I found my badge that you made in 2014 for WILS. I will wear my “vintage” Osthoff badge when I stop by your booth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Osthoff View Post
I heard from both JR and Baker about "doing" the badges for the show and got the green light from both of them so will have name tags at our table … no purchase necessary (Tom)

When we get a little closer to the actual show we can iron out details, (perhaps we can get some names in advance) but in general just stop by our table and we will give you a name tag.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:28 AM
Charter Member

Neither of the Kinairds are participating? Or Ben Wilborn? Too bad! However I am very much looking forward to meeting the McKnights!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 08-20-2018, 07:40 AM
AGF Sponsor

Yeah sorry Mike. Because of the small venue, builders have to rotate every other show. So all the builders at this year’s show will miss the next show, but we should be back. Hope to catch you sometime in the future.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 08-20-2018, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Neither of the Kinairds are participating? Or Ben Wilborn? Too bad! However I am very much looking forward to meeting the McKnights!
Woodstock is a relatively small venue and the promoters can usually invite about 50 luthier exhibitors out of the many who would want to come. This why the promoters rotate luthiers to every other year exhibiting.

Mike, also keep in mind that there will not be a WILS in 2019 (the organizing team is taking a well deserved break). So the next WILS will be in 2020 (tbd). Hopefuly, in 2019 there will be another Artisan Guitar Show in April (tbd).
Old 08-20-2018, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
Yeah sorry Mike. Because of the small venue, builders have to rotate every other show. So all the builders at this year’s show will miss the next show, but we should be back. Hope to catch you sometime in the future.
Ryan, I'm sure we'll have that opportunity. In the meantime, I just have to arrange a get-together with Tom B'Sox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Woodstock is a relatively small venue and the promoters can usually invite about 50 luthier exhibitors out of the many who would want to come. This why the promoters rotate luthiers to every other year exhibiting.

Mike, also keep in mind that there will not be a WILS in 2019 (the organizing team is taking a well deserved break). So the next WILS will be in 2020 (tbd). Hopefuly, in 2019 there will be another Artisan Guitar Show in April (tbd).
Yes, thanks, that's why I'm making it a priority to get there this year. Ideally I'll be at the Artisan show as well.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 08-20-2018, 11:23 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Hopefuly, in 2019 there will be another Artisan Guitar Show in April (tbd).
Just to clarify that yes, there will be a 2019 Artisan Show but the dates are not public yet...
Old 08-20-2018, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

I'll be attending Friday. This will be my first time so I'm excited!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 08-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Charter Member

Karen, it's an amazing show. I was there last year for the first time and I was blown away. The guitars are stunningly beautiful and the players demonstrating a great.

And Friday is the best day to go; way, way less crowded.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Karen, it's an amazing show. I was there last year for the first time and I was blown away. The guitars are stunningly beautiful and the players demonstrating a great.

And Friday is the best day to go; way, way less crowded.
Thanks Lowrider! I'm looking forward to it.

Karen
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 08-20-2018, 10:31 PM
Charter Member

I was really looking forward to coming this year, but we're scheduled to take my son to a Type 1 diabetes camp that same weekend. T1D needs come before my guitar needs.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:07 AM
Charter Member

I will be going, second year in a row. Last year was the best time, the rainy weekend and incredible music made it a very cozy event, one that I won’t soon forget. Those on the fence, make plans to be there as you won’t regret it.
Maple Beneteau for sale
Old 08-27-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
Just to clarify that yes, there will be a 2019 Artisan Show but the dates are not public yet...
According to the ad they've submitted for WILS 2018 program, next Artisan Guitar Show will be April 12 - 14, 2019!
Old 08-27-2018, 04:18 PM

I am not a happy camper!!!!!!!!! My annual conference that I need for my yearly continuing ed is always in Oct. It has never conflicted with Woodstock until THIS YEAR!!!!!! I am livid.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker Rorick View Post
According to the ad they've submitted for WILS 2018 program, next Artisan Guitar Show will be April 12 - 14, 2019!
Great news Baker...I expect to see a relaxed guy with red shoes there who resembles YOU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I am not a happy camper!!!!!!!!! My annual conference that I need for my yearly continuing ed is always in Oct. It has never conflicted with Woodstock until THIS YEAR!!!!!! I am livid.
That stinks Tom...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop