The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-04-2020, 09:20 PM

Default CC Rider - Noob Version

I’ve been working with Tom Feldman’s instructional video since Reeve21 posted in a thread on Mississippi John Hurt. Any constructive criticism is welcome. I’ve been at this (this time around) since July and still am obviously a beginner. It’s a very fun song to play and I feel like I can grow with it as I hopefully get better.

Last edited by davidbeinct; 03-06-2020 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:51 AM

Hey so I edited my video to embed it. Took a little searching but I know I like embedded video better than some link so I imagine others do to. I figured that might help me get some feedback, or maybe everyone has said "if I don't have anything nice to say..."
Old 03-06-2020, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Hey David, good on you for posting that. I just saw it now, and being at work I can't play it too loudly. But what I can hear sounds good, and I think I hear you using a metronome which is great. Once you have it smoothly at a given tempo kick it up 3 to 5 bpm per stage, and pretty soon you will be cruising along just like MJH!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell