The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-10-2020, 12:45 PM
Guest 928

Mot,

You got it, we'll do it just for you. If you'd like, we don't have to wait for the contest, just send us the tickets we'll take care of the rest.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Mot,

You got it, we'll do it just for you. If you'd like, we don't have to wait for the contest, just send us the tickets we'll take care of the rest.
What an amazing offer!

The sheer selflessness and generosity of folks in the CF sub-forum just continues to astound me.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-10-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
What an amazing offer!

The sheer selflessness and generosity of folks in the CF sub-forum just continues to astound me.

Yup..that’s my Unc alright .
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-10-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Um, what about your brother from another mother?
I have one of those...different father too.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-10-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Um, what about your brother from another mother?
The more the merrier, but the instrument you gen up for me has to be out of this world awesome. You three will likely have to take turns in the steamer trunk so we can keep it at two tickets.

I'm going to wait until my name is officially announced before putting any tickets in the mail.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 02-10-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post

I'm going to wait until my name is officially announced before putting any tickets in the mail.

What happens if your tickets say “Must be present to win”?
Old 02-10-2020, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
What happens if your tickets say “Must be present to win”?
Have you seen what a good makeup artist is capable of these days? Do you think that's really Kramster in all those photos?
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Guest 928

Eatswodo;

Well, you're in trouble now, going as Kramster. You know that women everywhere will be draping themselves over you and your instrument. They just love you for your guitar.

And besides, there is only one Kramster in the universe and there's no way you could pull off the mascaraed--Alistair would know in a minute.

And why did you chose the one family member over the other? That right there hurt.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:35 PM

Geesshhh I eat stuff, take a nap... and BOOM all this is happening..I snooze I win?
Old 02-11-2020, 08:31 AM

Thanks for sharing that. I love it when he talked about envisioning that studio over 15 years ago. Then in the loft he said he would come up there, especially when times were tough and dream about it being completed. Everything afterwards is carried by the momentum of those first few decisions. If the why is strong enough the how will eventually be realized

Behind every success story is years and years of struggle, toil and tears. It was very inspiring and makes me want to own an Emerald guitar one day.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:21 AM

Very inspiring video by Alastair. As others have said, it was awesome to hear his 15 year vision, and see the persistence and hard work (with ups and downs) that his journey took to create what Emerald is today. Makes me even more proud to own and enjoy two of his guitars.

Unfortunate that I'm also social media-free (on the channels for this contest, anyway), so I won't be heading overseas with Kramster in tow. Perhaps there will be a future contest with different requirements, like an essay on how our guitars enable our musical adventures, or photos of our Emeralds in crazy places?
Old 02-11-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar View Post
so I won't be heading overseas with Kramster in tow.

Wait .. what??? .... no to go towage ? Or something like that? There goes that dream...sigh...
Old 02-11-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar View Post
Perhaps there will be a future contest with different requirements, like an essay on how our guitars enable our musical adventures, or photos of our Emeralds in crazy places?
I'm in. Great ideas.

At first I thought I was going have to do a video for this contest, but then I actually listened to the requirements and found out all it requires is to join social media and jot down a couple of words about your next Emerald creation. I much prefer song or essay writing or even a photo contest (that my Kuz would likely win), but it is what it is. I also have two Emeralds. I don't need another though I do have ideas about two or three that I certainly wouldn't say no to. For instance, I would love to tinker a bit more with a cute little Emerald uke for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Wait .. what??? .... no to go towage ? Or something like that? There goes that dream...sigh...
You can always ride with me. It's BYOST though.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 02-11-2020, 01:06 PM
Guest 928

I think the contest should be based on the player who has the most of a given Emerald type, for example nylon string guitars. I'd be willing to buy yet another emerald, if necessary, to compensate for my dearth of social media.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber