The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-27-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
I do think from a pure industrial design standpoint CA really nailed some nice looking instruments splitting the difference between anything goes and slavish adherence to tradition.
Agreed. I have a 2015 GX, in wine red burst, and it gets lots of compliments on its visual impact--just as a beautiful guitar, not as in "what is that thing?". It think the tone is also more "woody" and less piano-like than some CFs, especially plugged in with the Fishman Aura going. I've gotten more than a few compliments on the sound as well as the looks.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I’m gonna step way way way out on a tiny tiny tiny little limb here and suggest that Tom (mot) was joking. I think I may have even seen his response in a Monty Python routine or something similar at some point over the years. I don’t think anyone would even think to argue against the obvious proposition that we’re all different and that 99.9% of what we prefer and don’t prefer about guitars (or cars or caviar) is just down to a matter of personal preference based on those differences. Martin and Taylor have different fundamental sounds and there’s no objective truth about which is better (except that obviously Martin is - again, a joke!).

But it’s still sort of interesting to discuss and even debate how we feel about many of these differences and preferences because such discussion and debate can help each of us better understand our own preferences and why we prefer X over Y which may lead us toward better or easier gear based decisions at some point in the future, or maybe better understand why our preferences may evolve over time...

But I’m not different either. I’m unique that way...

-Ray
Agreed on all points.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 09-13-2019, 12:43 AM
Charter Member

Not bashing at all. Had a bunch of original CA pass through my home and two Rainsong. I just preferred the original CA as thety are more woody sounding and the Rainsong sounded more clinical to me. They have lots of overtones which I like in wood guitars, but the type of overtones sounded cooler than CA which are warmer. The one CA remaining which I have really does sound like a wood guitar - very warm and amazingly solid deep lower e string but have good overtones in the upper four strings for a kind of balance that I like.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber