The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-12-2018, 08:24 AM

Default Single tuning machine availability?

I purchased a Yamaha FGX700 with a broken tuner off Craigslist to fix and donate to the local Junior Appalachian Musicians program.

Trying to avoid spending $50+ on a replacement set of tuners when I only need the one. And I’ve only got $40 in the guitar to start with....

Any sources for single replacements? Any body got a Yamaha tuner laying in their parts box from replacing a set?
Old 06-12-2018, 08:33 AM
AGF Sponsor

Maybe. If you took a picture, I might have one. However, a good bet is if you have a local music store that does repair. Most repair guys (like me) have a box of all kinds of random tuners/pieces to fix up scenarios just like this. If you ask nicely (or buy some strings) they might just give it to you.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 06-12-2018, 08:39 AM

Thanks. I had that thought right after I posted this. I’m going to ask my serious repair guy.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Charter Member

If not, post a pic. Someone on here will have one laying around and prolly send it in an envlope for nothing. I have A TON of tuners...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair