The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-13-2021, 05:08 PM

Default Trance... happy for the first time plugged in

I am new here. I have been playing since the mid 90's. Lots of brands, and lots of different pickups along the way. A lot of the guitars on my early years were cheap, not very good guitars and probably sounded better plugged in than acoustic. Eventually, my taste changed, and my ability to have a nicer instrument. I settled on a Martin HD28 that I love how it sounds acoustically. I have had it for 16years, and love it. I have tried to play into a mic when I can, but any more that is not realistic for me. I had a DTAR wavelength duo system in it for the past ten years. It was ...fine, it was a usable tone, not bad, but it never sounded like my guitar. This week I had it pulled out and I put in a Trance Audio amulet mvt system in it. I had a baggs para di, that I was never happy with and sold that this week.I plugged into a Radial PZ-DI, that I just picked up also. I have never been happier with my plugged in sound. It is warm, and clear. There are no piercing highs, and no muddy lows. It sounds like my guitar but louder. I have ways been thrilled with how my guitar sounds and now I am thrilled that I can share that sound more accurately with others. I wanted to share that with y'all.

Durbin

2004 Martin HD28
Old 03-13-2021, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

Durbin, as a long-time Trance user since 2012, let me reverberate your Trance M-VT experience, and the Martin HD-28 is what I consider a prime target for the installation of this system--Enjoy!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 03-13-2021, 06:20 PM
Charter Member

The Trance is one of my favorite systems right now. Really fantastic! Maury's Music does a great install too.
Old 03-15-2021, 12:06 AM
Charter Member

How is the 'handling noise' with the Amulet?

Does it transmit every little noise like moving your arm over the soundboard or the back of the guitar sliding a bit against your shirt?

-Charles
Minerva 0 12 fret
Edwinson Falcon 0 cutaway, sapele/spruce
Edwinson Zephyr 00 cutaway, koa/spruce
Taylor 612-C Maple Grand Concert (1997)
Taylor 612-CE Maple Grand Concert (1999)
Old 03-15-2021, 03:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasapple View Post
How is the 'handling noise' with the Amulet?

Does it transmit every little noise like moving your arm over the soundboard or the back of the guitar sliding a bit against your shirt?

-Charles
Yes, the Trance Amulet M system is top and body sensitive but no more so than other SBT pickups.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 03-15-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:01 PM

I too am loving the trance. So much that I bought one to replace the Anthem in my OM.

While it does pick up more body noise than a UST, I don’t find it overly sensitive in this way and have never heard the sound of my shirt against the body coming through a PA.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmarkson View Post
I too am loving the trance. So much that I bought one to replace the Anthem in my OM.

While it does pick up more body noise than a UST, I don’t find it overly sensitive in this way and have never heard the sound of my shirt against the body coming through a PA.
I don't currently have the Amulet in any of my guitars, but when I did, I had zero issues with shirt or body noises being amplified. I also had zero issues with feedback and I was playing some very loud stages. That's definitely a huge plus for this system. Mind you, my Taylor is not overly boomy so that could be part of the reason.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification