The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 06-29-2018, 12:22 PM

Default Improvisation by mysterious pond

Hello!

The pond of Kruunuvuori tells romantic and dark story. In these conditions this rare natural water lies in a valley 8 meters above the sea level and is surrounded by solid rock. Villas around the area were owned by Germans untill the defeat in WWII. After that these fine buildings and its domain where moved to Soviets. In 1952 Olympics multi-winner Emil Zátopek was housed by people in Kruunuvuori and he showed some running around the pond for the people. In the late 60’s there was found a body in the pond and he/she was killed by hits to his/her head with a blunt object.

Every now and then I return to this pond and admire its remarkable magic. This time I took my instrument and recording equipment with me. Sat down the dock, picked some notes and let surrounding do the work.

I hope you will enjoy this little trip!

Kindest, Mikko

Old 06-29-2018, 04:18 PM

Cool sound, what is the instrument called?
Old 06-30-2018, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Cool sound, what is the instrument called?
Thank you! This is Bulgarian Tambura. You can search for example Valeri Dimchev and Angel Dimitrov from Youtube. They are masters with this instrument.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments