The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-31-2018, 07:51 AM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
I hope that the guitar brings you more joy than sorrow this time around Larry! Joel continues to build incredible instruments and we are very fortunate to own one

Looking forward to your videos!

Indeed...and thanks, man...,
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 11-02-2018, 11:16 PM

Old 11-02-2018, 11:57 PM
Charter Member

Smile Holy Smokes!

That party sounds like guitar heaven. Wonderful that so many could experience the sonic bliss! Not to mention the food. Wow!

Maybe in 2020 I can make the cross country pilgrimage... I hope!

Larry P. I am sure we all are happy you can play the longer scale axes again! Way to go.

Thanks for sharing all this, everyone!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 11-04-2018, 01:54 PM

Punkin guitar.jpg The "punkin' guitar" was a gift from luthier Erich Solomon, who found it at garage sale and slapped an old Silvertone neck on it, for it to be the official WILS greeter and mascot. TWAAANG!!!
Old 11-04-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker Rorick View Post
Attachment 15005 The "punkin' guitar" was a gift from luthier Erich Solomon, who found it at garage sale and slapped an old Silvertone neck on it, for it to be the official WILS greeter and mascot. TWAAANG!!!
I love that gitter baby! Especially the fret dots!
Old 11-06-2018, 07:12 AM

While I was in New York City, I managed to bump into Zach, a fellow AGFer! I paid him a short visit and we played some of the beautiful guitars he had with him. I think I might have gotten some of the woods wrong but here are some photos!

M. J. Franks 00 Adirondack/Brazilian Rosewood

McCollum Sitka/"The Tree" Quilted Mahogany

Hatcher Adirondack/Cocobolo

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-06-2018, 07:16 AM

It was a real treat for me to meet some of the luthiers I represent for the first time. Here they are in our family photo (plus an adopted Howard Feng )

Every one of their guitars were phenomenal and I am so honoured to be able to represent such incredible builders and people!

Left to right:
Howard Feng, Leo Buendia, Laurent Brondel, Marcus Wong, Joel Michaud, Kathy Wingert, Isaac Jang

I managed to take impromptu video demos for some of their guitars too so stay tuned for those

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-06-2018, 08:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I think I might have gotten some of the woods wrong but here are some photos!
It was a joy hanging out with you, Marcus, and all too brief! You have 4 of the 6 woods right, which is pretty impressive after all the guitars you played and saw in this past week-and-a-half.
The McCollum is European (Italian) Spruce, not Sitka, and the Hatcher is Sitka, not Adirondack
Old 11-06-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithon View Post
It was a joy hanging out with you, Marcus, and all too brief! You have 4 of the 6 woods right, which is pretty impressive after all the guitars you played and saw in this past week-and-a-half.
The McCollum is European (Italian) Spruce, not Sitka, and the Hatcher is Sitka, not Adirondack
It was a pity I couldn't stick around longer! You were great company and thank you so much for having me over

I knew there was Sitka somewhere [emoji38]

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-13-2018, 11:12 AM

Here are some videos of the Isaac Jang Guitars! First one is Italian/Cocobolo and the other is Swiss/BRW. Apologies about the blurred video of the BRW. Isaac was supposed to be my camera man, but it was 4am and he fell asleep behind the lens and I had to run the show myself (thanks a bunch Isaac! )

Isaac Jang was a great hit at the show, and for good reason too! He now has a closed build list, with a waiting time of 5 years after turning down numerous customers. I've sold majority of my dealer slots and only have 1 more left at his current pricing for anyone interested in owning a Isaac Jang while it's still moderately affordable. Any other slot after this is going to be significantly more expensive as per Isaac's new pricing scheme.

Without further ado, enjoy!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-14-2018, 07:58 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks so much for your hospitality Mary and Tim, giving all us AGFers our badge which wore proudly, as well as some awesome goodies too
Oh, you are so welcome. We would love to be parked "next door" to you anytime we are at a show. Haven't had that much fun in a long time!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:27 AM

Likewise McKnights!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-17-2018, 04:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've asked Mike for permission to post these photos (but if you take it back Mike, just let me know and I'll take them down) so sit back and enjoy!
No problem posting the photos. I’m so glad you came to the party this year and you got to play the guitars and enjoy some food. It was great to finally meet you, since I had heard so much about you from many of the builders. If you come back in 2020 I can assure you there will be some different guitars to experience and a different menu to enjoy... last year I caught a tuna a little too small to sell and brought most of it to Woodstock and it ended up being a sushi/tuna party, so you never know what will be served for food at the next gathering! If you ever get up to the Boston area please look me up.
Slackers 1:51-52
FSM
Old 11-17-2018, 08:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
It was a real treat for me to meet some of the luthiers I represent for the first time. Here they are in our family photo (plus an adopted Howard Feng )

Every one of their guitars were phenomenal and I am so honoured to be able to represent such incredible builders and people!

Left to right:
Howard Feng, Leo Buendia, Laurent Brondel, Marcus Wong, Joel Michaud, Kathy Wingert, Isaac Jang

I managed to take impromptu video demos for some of their guitars too so stay tuned for those
Marcus, it was great to meet you at Woodstock. The stable of builders you represent is impressive. Thank you for posting the video's of several of their great sounding guitars.

Joel Michaud introduced me to Laurent Brondel and I nearly came home with the Panamanian RW A-2 he brought. Leo, Iassac and Kathy are all at the top of their game too. My Michaud O-R is my go to couch guitar. You can't go wrong with any of these luthiers.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
No problem posting the photos. I’m so glad you came to the party this year and you got to play the guitars and enjoy some food. It was great to finally meet you, since I had heard so much about you from many of the builders. If you come back in 2020 I can assure you there will be some different guitars to experience and a different menu to enjoy... last year I caught a tuna a little too small to sell and brought most of it to Woodstock and it ended up being a sushi/tuna party, so you never know what will be served for food at the next gathering! If you ever get up to the Boston area please look me up.
Mike,

You're definitely the host with the most. Thanks for inviting me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
michaud made, new york, singapore, the golden era guitar, woodstock