The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-01-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
I (and my wife and kids) love coffee.

I've read a lot of studies and there are nothing but benefits with (essentially) no bad long term effects. However too much all at once isn't good.

I was having serious heart pains - I went to the doctor, I had scans of my heart, MRI's etc, etc - the full suite of testing.

Could not find anything wrong so my doctor started asking me about lifestyle questions.

After a lot of thinking and writing notes I realized I had unknowingly crept upwards to 10-12 cups a day.

My doctor (who I get along with very well) was angry with me because caffeine is a cardiac stimulant. Ooops

I cut it down and actively watch how many so I dont creep up in quantity again

Oh yea....the heart pains fully disappeared
I find that it's acidic and highly addictive, with real withdrawal symptoms. I used to drink 16 oz every morning but I found it too be too diuretic for my sensitive stomach. Reflux and chest pains were not chronic things but every now and then I could tell when I'd had too much caffeine.

So I gave it up a couple of weeks ago and had just gotten over the migraines - but I find that I'm irritable without it. The other day I felt like I "needed it" and in a moment of weakness had a cup, but then the next day when I resumed my abstinence I got a migraine right before bed. I can't see that as being signs of something that's 100% "good for you."
Old 03-01-2021, 10:56 AM
Guest 33123

I've been dealing with headaches daily since giving up my afternoon coffee.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:54 PM

Default Yup

Stopped having 5-8 cups daily when I retired. Nowadays it's one or two...and tea in the afternoon(non-herbal). I was getting Migraine "aura" problems with heavy coffee consumption...but that is thankfully lessened greatly. Still drink Peets....
Old 03-01-2021, 06:04 PM

I usually have 1-2 8 oz. cups in the morning and sometimes a cup after dinner. I am not that affected by caffeine. At night I can have a cup and there have been times I've dozed off a 1/2 hr. later!
Old 03-01-2021, 07:44 PM

One cup of pour over ground beans.
Currently using jtcoffee.com.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:07 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post
Too much...and I'll leave it at that
Me, too, Bern. Me, too.

When Tim and I dated he faithfully invited me out for coffee regularly. The man impressed me as he was extremely attentive to the coffee department of our relationship. I asked for the pot to be set at our table and I may have warmed his cup once. Yet, the pot was always empty when we left the table. In front of our pastor who is a family friend as we signed those papers as man and wife Tim asked if I knew why he married me. I said, "I assume it means you like me."

He smiled and said, "Yes, that and I never want to drink another cup of coffee."

It's been 39 years since we first began dating. I still drink coffee morning, noon and night. He drinks water or tea.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Me, too, Bern. Me, too.

When Tim and I dated he faithfully invited me out for coffee regularly. The man impressed me as he was extremely attentive to the coffee department of our relationship. I asked for the pot to be set at our table and I may have warmed his cup once. Yet, the pot was always empty when we left the table. In front of our pastor who is a family friend as we signed those papers as man and wife Tim asked if I knew why he married me. I said, "I assume it means you like me."

He smiled and said, "Yes, that and I never want to drink another cup of coffee."

It's been 39 years since we first began dating. I still drink coffee morning, noon and night. He drinks water or tea.
That's a beautiful story, Mary, especially the "I assume it means you like me." .
Old 03-27-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Me, too, Bern. Me, too.

That’s a wonderful story!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic