The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
One sure-fire way to bond with the Cargo would be to damage it as the OP did with his Emerald, and then try to fix it with superglue and get my fingers bonded permanently to the Cargo.

Tony
While I did use Superglue to drop fill the chips, I somehow managed to do so, extricate my fingers, complete my repair with a modicum of proficiency and still bond with the X20...
Old 01-20-2020, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
While I did use Superglue to drop fill the chips, I somehow managed to do so, extricate my fingers, complete my repair with a modicum of proficiency and still bond with the X20...
Then fingerstyle is the perfect thing for you.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 01-20-2020, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

When I retired, I decided to take a 6 month RV trip around the country. I bought a brand spanking new Winnebago View RV. My kids were my bookends (Boston and Berkeley, CA) and I visited lots of National Parks in between.

I had never driven a truck before, and barely knew what an RV was (a hose hookup? Really?). I can't tell you how freaked out I was the first time I had to empty the black water tank. But that's another story.

All was well for the first couple of months! I washed the RV every chance I got. It was just a beautiful vehicle.

I got to Redwoods National Park in California at night and had no idea how dark dark could be. Long story short, while I was backing into my spot I hit a large branch sticking out from a tree which made a 2 foot hole in the roof and otherwise dinged the top of the RV pretty well. No rain that night and I had a lot of duct tape with me so I patched the roof up best as I could and got it repaired a month later, but it was never perfect like new. And I didn't feel the need to wash it so much.

When I think back on that trip, I smile and realize that the hole in the roof was just a distraction; Acadia, Zion, Bryce, Redwoods, Crater Lake, Glacier, Yellowstone, Yosemite, etc - they were the highlights that I remember most.

But now thanks to this post I'm thinking about the hole :-). Just temporary I hope.

Martin Custom Shop 000-28 Authentic Aged 1937
Fairbanks F20
Rainsong CO-OM1100NST
Martin 2008 000-18 Golden Era
Old 01-20-2020, 04:51 PM
Charter Member

About that hole in the RV roof, the Beatles wrote a song for you...

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber